Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket Renewals and Pricing for 2017/18

Jan 30, 2008
Think they would justify it because there is an agreement between Premier League clubs about away prices but there is no such agreement for home prices.

Just checking current prices for my seat for Cat A game and it is £12 more than my season ticket average!!!!!
you sound surprised ???
regards
DR

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
If we go up you are saying a 24% increase is more than reasonable, especially when any increase in ticket income over and above existing prices is infinitesimal when considering the massive increase in TV revenue. To put it into context, say we have an average price of £28 per seat multiply by 28,000 multiply by 23 = £18,032,000. So if the club increase prices by 2% then that would be an increase in income of about £360,000, (not even the equivalent of £8,000 a week for one player!). That's only a rough calculation as you have to take into account more full houses, but then there would be increased revenue with extra full houses with existing price structure but less from match day concessions due to fewer matches although we wait and see what price increases there will be for that.

It is penny pinching of the highest order.

That said, I will be renewing as it is what happens on the pitch that is important but that doesn't mean I'm obliged to agree with other posters about how wonderful a 24% increase is!

You're not buying a collection of match tickets at an average price. You're buying a season ticket, for a season. Last time I looked I got one season this year, I'll still get one season in 2017/18. What's your point?

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
If we were to reach the promised land, then my ST would work out at £21 a game.
That is extremely good value considering my train travel is free from Worthing.
Under 500 pounds, interest free on direct debit is great value.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
I continue to be astonished by the absolute stupidity displayed by some of our fans. Did anyone seriously think that with less games they'd pro rata the pricing down? Plums.

I think it's tremendous value.

In my friends I have Arsenal and Liverpool season ticket holders paying north of £1,000 for a very standard seat.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You're not buying a collection of match tickets at an average price. You're buying a season ticket, for a season. Last time I looked I got one season this year, I'll still get one season in 2017/18. What's your point?

It's simple. Take a tin of Quality street. Price stays the same but instead of a kilo tin of sweets you get 750g. If you bought a season ticket for Brighton to London for £5000 and you found the price was the same next year but alas you were only able to travel on 4 days of the week you would probably consider that a price increase!

Maybe you buy things without actually knowing what you're actually paying for.

Oh, and a season ticket is exactly a collection of match tickets but instead of getting each match ticket printed like they used to do, you get a convenient wallet sized card. :facepalm:

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
To summarise. Most people ok with small price hike. Drew backtracking inelegantly. Pretty pink fairy, who doesn't attend the amex, still a c0ck.

Really? Back tracked on two words purely for the health of another poster!!

Out of interest, what sort of price rise would make you start to think about possibly not renewing?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I continue to be astonished by the absolute stupidity displayed by some of our fans. Did anyone seriously think that with less games they'd pro rata the pricing down? Plums.

In my friends I have Arsenal and Liverpool season ticket holders paying north of £1,000 for a very standard seat.

That's a valid comment apart of course from the fact that I'm not aware anyone has actually suggested the annual price should be reduced to match the current pro rata price or something similar!

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne

I am astonished that anyone thinks it stupid to stop and question the economics of modern day football.

It might be the same for all and it might be very hard, if not impossible, to ever change, but that does not make it "right".

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes

Arsenal yes......But Liverpool don`t have season tickets above £1000 for seat.!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
that's a pointless reply :shrug:
regards
DR

How is it pointless, ffs?

Away fans sit in the lower tier at an end. Why you expect seats with a (generally considered to be) better view, at the front of the upper tier, on the halfway line to be a comparable price?

Home seats in the NORTH stand absolutely should be no more than the away cap, as those actually ARE comparable seats.

Not hard to understand really.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Arsenal yes......But Liverpool don`t have season tickets above £1000 for seat.!!

If you opt for the auto cup scheme they probably will exceed £1000

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
How is it pointless, ffs?

Away fans sit in the lower tier at an end. Why you expect seats with a (generally considered to be) better view, at the front of the upper tier, on the halfway line to be a comparable price?

Home seats in the NORTH stand absolutely should be no more than the away cap, as those actually ARE comparable seats.

Not hard to understand really.

Well you could work it out. The average match day price for North Stand next season will be £26.05 based on 19 games where as this year it is £20.65! This season the match day price (cat B) game is £30, ie £9.35 more than what a STH pays. So, assuming there will be the same differential next season, a match day ticket for the North stand could cost £35, ie £5 more than away fans will pay for an equivalent view in the South Stand. Obviously, for a Cat A game, it could be even more!

Personally, I think the £30 limit for away fans is good and hopefully I'll be making use of that.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Well you could work it out. The average match day price for North Stand next season will be £26.05 based on 19 games where as this year it is £20.65! This season the match day price (cat B) game is £30, ie £9.35 more than what a STH pays. So, assuming there will be the same differential next season, a match day ticket for the North stand could cost £35, ie £5 more than away fans will pay for an equivalent view in the South Stand. Obviously, for a Cat A game, it could be even more!

Personally, I think the £30 limit for away fans is good and hopefully I'll be making use of that.

So it's roughly a 30% discount for being a STH, and less than half the price of, say, Arsenal (without taking into account travel included and interest free direct debit). Works for me.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So it's roughly a 30% discount for being a STH, and less than half the price of, say, Arsenal (without taking into account travel included and interest free direct debit). Works for me.

Surely most people have roughly known what the discount is for being a STH and have done so for years! And just to make it clear, the point of that post was to highlight that match day prices might well be more for home fans than away fans. Of course in this instance, the clubs hands are tied by the agreement to cap away prices.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here