Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top Quality Carpenter?

Stumpy Tim

NSC is the font of all knowledge for local tradesmen, so I'm looking for some recommendations again. I'm in the process of turning my garage into a home office, and really want some high quality shelving, storage and a built-in desk. Does anyone have any recommendations for quality local carpenters?

Stumpy Tim

If it's quality you have to use http://http://www.peterhendersonfurniture.co.uk/

Our kitchen is the first one on top left of kitchen section. Put in 12 years ago and still looks like that. You will need a big cheque book though.

That's a nice rustic kitchen you have there! To be honest, we used a cheap one before & it looks shite - so I don't mind spending a little more for something good

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
That's a nice rustic kitchen you have there! To be honest, we used a cheap one before & it looks shite - so I don't mind spending a little more for something good

Mrs Knocky here. I would never have a flatpack kitchen again! We have moved and used Pete again. He is a really nice bloke to have around too. Used to do yacht fittings - so he is very creative and adaptable.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Mrs Knocky here. I would never have a flatpack kitchen again! We have moved and used Pete again. He is a really nice bloke to have around too. Used to do yacht fittings - so he is very creative and adaptable.

Out of interest, and apologies for the impersonal question, what did you pay for your kitchen? We're just about to move and renovate a house. Paid £16k for our last kitchen from Hove Kitchens and really wasn't that impressed with the quality so we are thinking of going down the bespoke route for this one.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Hope this helps.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Out of interest, and apologies for the impersonal question, what did you pay for your kitchen? We're just about to move and renovate a house. Paid £16k for our last kitchen from Hove Kitchens and really wasn't that impressed with the quality so we are thinking of going down the bespoke route for this one.

It came out around £6500. That was for a fairly simple design. It depends on what you have built, obviously. We bought Corian worktops for our second one - they were 1000 on top.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
It came out around £6500. That was for a fairly simple design. It depends on what you have built, obviously. We bought Corian worktops for our second one - they were 1000 on top.

Thanks for that. Cheaper than expected even with a couple of grand extra for inflation!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Try these people at

woodworksbrighton.co.uk

Used them to build a home office and they were excellent.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
We bought Corian worktops for our second one - they were 1000 on top.

"Is that a granite work-surface, that's supporting you both? Not Corian, the man-made marble & granite substitute?"

"Corian is to marble what MDF is to wood. I've got wood there"

"No, that's MDF...oh, I see, you're making a joke. MDF's banned in America"

"So's that".

[yt]noTjI3CloYk[/yt]

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here