Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Here We Go Again - Breaking News Florida Shooting At High School

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
It makes no sense that anybody in any community can go out and buy military grade assault rifles over the counter with next to no serious checks. It was suggested to me today that it is most likely to be vets who like to shoot after their military experience. Personally, I think its more likely to be walter mitty types who dont have the discipline to be in the military and want to feel powerful, and they are fecking dangerous.

Trouble is that's probably only 1 gun of the arsenal that have at their disposal

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's easy (well for me at least) to forget the obvious:-

[tweet]966710494689185792[/tweet]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
More today on the radio defending the idea of better arming teachers and janitors in schools in the US. If your premise is 'we have had guns since day 1, and it is in our constitution' then it is likely to be a popular position in the US. Trump has said similar.

I can understand the argument that it is legal to have a gun (concealed in many states) so people should carry one and they will be safer. But does this add up?

Consider, surely, in London, teenagers would, equally, be safer if they carried a gun or knife? The only difference is it isn't legal to carry, here. If being armed makes people safer, why don't we make it legal for kids to carry knives? The kids themselves would certainly claim they carry for safety.

If, on the other hand, people aren't safer (statistically) when more people are armed, and this is a fact, then the only argument for arming teachers and janitors is that it supports the constitution and tradition. This is similar if not identical to the arguments we have had here about foxhunting, smacking children, and going back in time, drink driving, smoking and using the rule of thumb when selecting a stick with which to beat the wife.

This can all surely be resolved by the provision of facts. So, are there more deaths in places where it is legal to carry a gun? If there are then the only argument for carrying is 'tradition'.

If the latter is the case it means that anyone advocating arming the British public, a public who traditionally have not been armed, is a driveling fool, charlatan and moron.

So would someone mind posting the facts (if they haven't already - I don't have time or patience to read all the nonsense on this thread)?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I keep thinking I should stop just twittering this thread and then, once again I'm put in a position where I just have to share.
The replies are brilliant:-

[tweet]966692831422107648[/tweet]

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I keep thinking I should stop just twittering this thread and then, once again I'm put in a position where I just have to share.

A2AE6F6B-5DE2-4458-906B-E7BD9AA9E495.pngA2AE6F6B-5DE2-4458-906B-E7BD9AA9E495.png

Best of the lot

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
CNN shill would be a better term but whatever.

Come on then. As youre the only person on NSC who would get an assault rifle in the US on the basis of your name alone.
Lets hear the story of the 'crisis actor'.
Maybe some links? Maybe from some credible source?
Lets see if your bullshit stands up.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

Ffs

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It was tough to find a bit to copy and paste:-

Sen. Pat Roberts: Nobody under 21 should have an AR-15

http://www.kansas.com/news/politics-government/article201598559.html

The Kansas Republican said he believes Congress is ready to act and expects President Donald Trump to take the lead.

"This is an opportunity, if you look at these youngsters who are so emotionally tied in to this grief of losing their friends — but it’s more than gun control. But I think we’re ready as a Congress to actually pass something and I think it’s going to be better background checks. Certainly nobody under 21 should have an AR-15,"

There just aren't enough :facepalm:s in the world.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Can’t wait for when a teacher with a gun has a bad day and turns it on a student. Or a student gets hold of the gun.

The dialogue goes from bad to worse.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
You don't need to OWN a ten pin bowling ball to enjoy ten pin bowling. There is no reason in the world why a person needs to personally own an assault rifle.

Nobody can own an assault rifle because there's no such thing as an assault rifle.

It's actually not a gun nor a class of gun.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here