Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ESU and WSU open for Coventry game

1234 remaining.

A small group of seats in W1G that were not previously on sale have come up. Ideal if you want seats together in a lower tier.

These have already gone, which just shows how restricting stand availability (firstly no uppers which means now no lowers) for too long is not in fans interests.

Just over 1000 left in the ESU. Centre blocks now quite limited (E3D is red)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
These have already gone, which just shows how restricting stand availability (firstly no uppers which means now no lowers) for too long is not in fans interests.

This sort of thing happens in most matches H / A. Its (normally) the return of guest , player, hospitality tickets - that are then put back on sale if and when at various times leading up to a match. .
Nothing to do with any FA Cup/Coventry ticket strategy whether that was correct or not.

This sort of thing happens in most matches H / A. Its (normally) the return of guest , player, hospitality tickets - that are then put back on sale if and when at various times leading up to a match. .
Nothing to do with any FA Cup/Coventry ticket strategy whether that was correct or not.

I agree there are usually returns. But last week due to the club’s failure to open an upper tier, those who would have preferred an upper tier were forced to buy in a lower one.

Therefore, at this moment in time there are 1000’s of seats to be sold in the upper tiers, yet unless you need a WC spot or want to sit in the family stand, apart from your kids, there is nowt available on the lower tier.

So, it has everything to do with the ticket strategy.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

No, [MENTION=15277]kingcole[/MENTION] is correct.

If a group that includes those with mobility issues wants to buy tickets now, they are out of luck as there are no groups of lower tier tickets available.

Instead, the lower tiers includes people who would have chosen to be in the upper tier.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Cread0.jpg

It’s going to take a big spike in sales for my 0930 tomorrow prediction for the WSU to be on sale. I have a feeling if it takes a couple of days longer the club might decide it’s not worth opening it even if other seats are gone.

There is also a block of 93 seats in E3H and 72 in E3B we have not seen for sale. These could be sold elsewhere or these could mircaulously appear as available, just when we think the WSU opening is getting close.

Same for aound 250 more by reducing the segregation areas in the ESL. Also, we don’t know the status of the shelf. It’s not been offered for sale as a family stand like it is for all Premier League games but an earlier poster on this thread said they had been contacted about a group booking.

All the above mean the club could be capable of finding another 600 odd seats before having to make a decision on the WSU. Or, they may not want to reduce the segregation area, The held back seats including the shelf are all sold in which case WYSIWYG.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
we looking at a crowd of over 25,000 yet ?

Not until they open the WSU, no.

Not sure that's right. If the WSU is 4,500ish then we'll be looking at 25,000 - 26,000 depending on...

- How many are in the shelf
- The size of the segregation areas
- Counting all 1901ers as present even if they're not (tickets 'sold' etc)

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
25,000 is acceptable (just) well done NSC for keeping the pressure up on this one. With every premier league game sold out we really should have sold this one better to the people that can't normally come as £18 and £6 including travel is superb value. Can't believe we have turned into a club that has closed stands for a 5th round of the cup game still but hey ho times have changed I guess and its now premier league or nothing for some of our fans. shame that ! wouldn't it be wonderful if a big effort was made on the official website to shift these remaining 4-5,000 seats ??

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
25,000 is acceptable (just) well done NSC for keeping the pressure up on this one. With every premier league game sold out we really should have sold this one better to the people that can't normally come as £18 and £6 including travel is superb value. Can't believe we have turned into a club that has closed stands for a 5th round of the cup game still but hey ho times have changed I guess and its now premier league or nothing for some of our fans. shame that ! wouldn't it be wonderful if a big effort was made on the official website to shift these remaining 4-5,000 seats ??

I do find the lack of promotion mystifying. We have a great opportunity to get to the quarter finals for only the third time in our history and yet I can't recall getting any recent emails about tickets. The most recent official tweet I could find was on Feb 2nd and you have to go back to the same date to find a news article on the official website. I appreciate the appeal of the FA Cup is not what it was, but couldn't they try a bit harder?

No doubt there will be some promotion later this week, but Monday morning for a lot of people is a "getting things done" time and a few timely social media reminders this morning could have added "Get Coventry tickets" to a lot of peoples to do lists.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I do find the lack of promotion mystifying. We have a great opportunity to get to the quarter finals for only the third time in our history and yet I can't recall getting any recent emails about tickets. The most recent official tweet I could find was on Feb 2nd and you have to go back to the same date to find a news article on the official website. I appreciate the appeal of the FA Cup is not what it was, but couldn't they try a bit harder?

No doubt there will be some promotion later this week, but Monday morning for a lot of people is a "getting things done" time and a few timely social media reminders this morning could have added "Get Coventry tickets" to a lot of peoples to do lists.
I started typing another hilarious "Barber is definitely doing it out of spite now" post but sensibly have changed it for this one...

It is hard to understand why there is so little promotion of the game.

The positive ticket sales (both from Coventry and now from Albion fans) are a great news story. There are still around 1,500 tickets that could be shifted this week, without opening WSU, and every one of those tickets sold is another fan on board and delivers marginal "profit" towards the playing budget.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat

Thing is i reckon the club actually see this as a pain in the arse fixture , the money generated by it seems to now be a drop in the ocean compared to the TV / Advertising dosh we now get , the only reason they bothered opening the east stand was imo mainly due to pressure from social media including NSC , as Steve Sidwell said "I'm the only person at the club that actually wants it " ! probably due to him not being in the 25 man squad but available for cup games , i could be wrong and there will be some spin from the club on the reasoning why they seem reluctant to promote the FA cup but without knowing the real reason that's my guess , the team on the other hand seem to want it so that's what counts , we have a realistic chance of making this years quarter final , if they don't think that is worth promoting then more fool them .

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.

I don't think they want to see the east stand sell out. That way they can say they did the correct thing.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Have just opened my emails club offering tickets for pound to a womens game. Why with 5000 tickets available to a last 16 cup game Why on earth are club not pushing this. If we get 25000 will be great effort by supporters

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here