The Official NFL 2017 Thread

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
eagles.jpg

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I've waited a long time to get on this particular train [MENTION=34253]Whoislloydy[/MENTION] and I'm not excusing BB but I'm coming to the conclusion that Todd Haley is shite. Our playcalling on offence seems to veer from completely conservative to terrifyingly risky without much inbetween. 5 weeks into this season and I have no idea about the identity of this offence and I'm not sure the players do to.

Having said that, the two loses have been the games where we've failed to stop the run. The secondary was supposed to be the weakness coming into the season but of all the units on this team its probably been the most consistent. The front 7 has either been great or really bad.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Alex Smith has had a phenomenal NFL season so far. Maybe, just maybe, this is the Chiefs' year? Just a shame that their CT fixtures make it so hard to watch any of their games on a work night.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Bears game last night was so bad, it was like Mike Dean had invaded the game.

The CareBears now need to practise the rest of the game as well as they've practised 2 point conversions.

Jul 7, 2003
The Bears game last night was so bad, it was like Mike Dean had invaded the game.

Good to see the fake punt work last night, even if the resulting TD was more down to panicked, kamikaze attempts at tackling.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
This Luke Kuechly situation is a bit of a concern. 3 concussions in 3 years. It would be very sad if this curtails the career of what is one of the most talented defenders in the NFL.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
If the Redskins can do what they rarely do and take care of an opponent they are expected to beat on sunday, then the following week's MNF at the Linc could be an old fashioned NFC epic! Pains me to say it but the Eagles look legit right now, very impressive win against a revived Panthers last night.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
After last weeks performance i can't see Steelers getting anything from the Chiefs game, but then again we do tend to turn up for the big games.

Well, Alex Smith is running out of receivers and the Chiefs defense has given up a lot of yards this season.

We must manage Hunt and not turn the ball over. I rewatched the Jags game yesterday (painful I know.) It's on Ben clearly but we actually moved the ball pretty well against one of the best defenses in the league. We were right in the game until those two pick 6's.

On another note I had my first proper look at Fournette in the NFL. He's an absolute beast. You have to feel sorry for players in the secondary when he gets to that level.

Last edited:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Eagles really starting to look like the real deal. Winning away at the Panthers is a pretty big statement.

Redskins and 49ers at home next two games should be winnable. Then it gets a bit (a lot) more difficult.

We'll see about that :)

HTTR!

Agree your win last night was a statement win. Eagles are legit.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The Eagles started 4-0 last year and struggled down the stretch. They've improved and may well be good enough to win what looks a fairly mediocre division but they'll struggle to make a dent in the playoffs without a bit more talent in the skill positions.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Eagles really starting to look like the real deal. Winning away at the Panthers is a pretty big statement.

Redskins and 49ers at home next two games should be winnable. Then it gets a bit (a lot) more difficult.

:glare::glare:

edit: still can't get used to the 49ers being not so good, they were the Man Utd of NFL when I started watching.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here