Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale

The second goal was an awful fumble - it has to go down as another mistake. Of course the comical Ali Stockdale fans won't accept this but they are beyond reason

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The second goal was an awful fumble - it has to go down as another mistake. Of course the comical Ali Stockdale fans won't accept this but they are beyond reason

There was a deflection or have you got superior eyesight to everyone else?

Fumble by the way was the word used by the neutral BBC summariser but hey, it's all a global conspiracy against him isn't it

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
Stockdale has made some howlers but most keepers will be at fault for some of the goals they concede. It's grossly unfair, however, to suggest he is somehow a massive turd of a keeper when a defender is our top scorer and our front players have been lucky to score nil game after game.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Stockdale has made some howlers but most keepers will be at fault for some of the goals they concede. It's grossly unfair, however, to suggest he is somehow a massive turd of a keeper when a defender is our top scorer and our front players have been lucky to score nil game after game.

It's in no way Stock dales fault that we find ourselves in the predicament that we are in...

...saying that, he is a bit rubbish though.

In a pretty batshit crazy season, I reckon those who will keep on denying Stockdale ever makes a mistake take top spot - NSC's version of climate change deniers

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
In a pretty batshit crazy season, I reckon those who will keep on denying Stockdale ever makes a mistake take top spot - NSC's version of climate change deniers

Nice swerve of tactic there. I haven't seen a single post on Nsc saying Stockdale never makes a mistake.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Were you at the game?

Your post is a bit lame because as others have said, no one has ever said Stockdale never makes mistakes so it would seem you have made that up. As for the second goal, I couldn't tell exactly what happened as it was at the far end but having now seen it on FL, the ball comes of Stephens right in front of Stockdale. He did get his hands to it and on another day it could have deflected to safety. Yesterday it didn't.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I think it's quit sad that our keeper feels the need to tweet this :down:

Evidence that what goes on in places like this can get to the players. I am not saying the current situation is NSC's fault, but it can't help.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Evidence that what goes on in places like this can get to the players. I am not saying the current situation is NSC's fault, but it can't help.
It's more a case of individuals using what appears to be a voice of the fans to post personal insults against players on a platform like twitter. The person who posts as "We are brighton" hides behind a website name in order to try an undermine the team because he thinks what he posts is cool.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Stockdale makes yet another blunder so what the outfield players had'nt scored in 10+ hours the whole thing is shit from top to bottom! No Ambition! Always has been!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Were you at the game?

Your post is a bit lame because as others have said, no one has ever said Stockdale never makes mistakes so it would seem you have made that up. As for the second goal, I couldn't tell exactly what happened as it was at the far end but having now seen it on FL, the ball comes of Stephens right in front of Stockdale. He did get his hands to it and on another day it could have deflected to safety. Yesterday it didn't.

Thank you drew. I was pretty sure I'd seen a deflection, but didn't bother with the FL show after getting back from the game.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Stockdale makes yet another blunder so what the outfield players had'nt scored in 10+ hours the whole thing is shit from top to bottom! No Ambition! Always has been!

Have you thought of another hobby? Is there anything at all, you like about our club?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Have you thought of another hobby? Is there anything at all, you like about our club?

Mate sadly that is reality it always been like this a couple of decent seasons followed by dross! We all keep going and supporting the club but after 40yrs nothing has changed! We are a small club in a big stadium!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Were you at the game?

Which is actually what happened. Having seen it on TV, I am staggered that blame is being attached to him for this.

Stephens was 2 maybe 3 yards away from him, and it spun off his boot and I felt Stockdale was unlucky, as he somehow got something on it, but could not deflect it away. As you rightly say on another day, nobody would have followed up.

In terms of [MENTION=1483]London Irish[/MENTION], Stockdale does make mistakes, unfortunately too many of them, particularly in the first part of the season. Some of these errors were as a result of indecision on his part (which for me are the most frustrating). However, there is no doubt in my mind that he is our most improved player as time has gone on.

In the same way that Ashley Barnes was cast as the scapegoat by the (ahem) 'footballing brains' of NSC, it seems that Stockdale is the latest fall guy. I just wonder if ultimately the outcome will be that they are as inaccurate in their assessment of Stockdale as they clearly were with Barnes.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Mate sadly that is reality it always been like this a couple of decent seasons followed by dross! We all keep going and supporting the club but after 40yrs nothing has changed! We are a small club in a big stadium!

I'm 10 years ahead of you, and you get used to it. That's football, so I look for positives (and generally find them).

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It's more a case of individuals using what appears to be a voice of the fans to post personal insults against players on a platform like twitter. The person who posts as "We are brighton" hides behind a website name in order to try an undermine the team because he thinks what he posts is cool.

Thanks for that. I am not a social media expert. it just makes me wonder at the mentality of some people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here