Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blocked in by car double parked

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Be very careful. Same happened in the road where my M&D live. Some arse took it upon themselves to key down the sides of 7 cars, deep enough to go into the metal.

Plod would not even send anyone around, eventually came about 5 hours later and said as there was no CCTV, do car cam, nobody saw anything .. could do bugger all about it.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Police matter

Suggest she rings the police as say that this threatening letter has frightened her and she fears violence or damage to her vehicle if she parks where she is legally entitled to do. I would image some PCOs will call round to put the residents right

:lolol:

Jul 7, 2003
Amazing how many people seem to think they have a right to park exactly outside their houses. See more and more putting cones, bins etc outside their houses now.

Back in the Withdean days, there was a house at the top of Woodruff Avenue who tried this. They had nicked some cones from the council and tried putting them out so I used to move them so I could park my car. One day, I got back after a game to find that my wing mirror was broken. Now it might have been a coincidence but my mirror was folded in and the car facing the traffic and yet the mirror was bent out into the road and the glass perfectly smashed in the middle. The following week, the cones were back out but I was able to park a bit further away. However, as the cones were still there on my way back after the match, my mate and I picked them up and put them in my boot. Very childish but so what.

Miocene

Mar 23, 2011
Hastings
My disabled Mother in Law had a similar experience. One of her neighbours got the arse that her disability car didn't move, from outside her house very often and would make it difficult for her to leave in future.
She rang Sussex's finest who took it very seriously and had a chat with the neighbours and put one chap straight.

Never happened again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Police matter

Suggest she rings the police as say that this threatening letter has frightened her and she fears violence or damage to her vehicle if she parks where she is legally entitled to do. I would image some PCOs will call round to put the residents right

I wouldn't count on it. With stretched resources the police may only act, when and if a crime is committed. i. e. when and if someone does actually block her in.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Oh that's alright then I'll start using my neighbors drive

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

I did that once. My neighbours insisted on parking outside my house rather than theirs and their drive had space for 3 vehicles. One evening I came home to find two of their vehicles parked outside mine and their houses with nothing on their drive, so I parked on their drive.

Funnily enough, nothing was ever said, but they stopped parking outside my house.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
What's the deal here

Basically. My gf goes to uni. And parks her car on the street with ZERO parking restrictions.
She returned to a letter on her car saying if she parks there again. The residents will block her in.

So say she parks there again. Which she is entitled to do. What can she do if she's blocked in. Lol.

Tell us the name of the street and let us make up our own minds huh?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The Missus has had this sort of note when she parks in the street of one of her customers, many of the residents have driveways, but park on the street to prevent non residents from doing so. No one has scratched the car or blocked her in, but they regularly fold the mirrors in and lift the wipers off the windscreen, which is quite a nice way of being a selfish ******** in my opinion.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Happens quite often on a road I park on for work. Amusingly the majority of people there are happy for me to park there as I don't cover driveways or take the parking bays (still can't find anything that shows they are owned by the property's but it just doesn't feel right)

However there are a couple of my colleagues that have had a bit of abuse for parking legally. Boxes are put out in front of a couple of houses and they have taken the To Let sign from the other part of our office and used it to block off council owned land that could be used as a cut through. Some people are rather amusing aren't they? Why not buy a property with a driveway if they are that precious

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
She goes to uni in Winchester. Not just her. Think people park on the street as it's free.

Whereabouts? Christchurch Road area? That's where many of the Uni students park, and also where I park for town, or for visiting my dentist just round the corner.

Some people are just cocks. Ignore them

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
What road do you live on mate?

I live in Chandlers Ford, so when I say "just up the road", it's 5 miles away to the north.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
A friend of ours had trouble like this with her neighbour once. She parked her car on the road, outside his place, as there were other cars parked all the way along - & it was the only available spot. The neighbour came out the house moaning at her for parking where his wife usually put their car &, according to her, was quite abusive towards her and the children. The next morning she came out to find her front tyre slashed & flat as a pancake. Cant say it was definitely him, but seems a coincidence....especially as there has never been anything like that before - or since.

I had a run in with the old misery myself too when I parked my car in front of his. Before I had even got out the car properly, he had dashed out his house - & was standing there having a moan that his wife needed to get out in the morning & needed more space. Seriously, I had left about 4ft between my car & his - so I told him to send his wife to retake her test if she couldn't get out a gap that size, & stop being such a whiny old f*****. Then I just walked away. Never heard from him again.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Living in Mallorca in the 80's we would drive into Palma and double park if it was for 30 minutes or less, everyone did. But you would leave the handbreak just on so the car could be moved back and forth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here