Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What if Trump grabs Theresa May in a rude place?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Thanks for clearing that up. I stupidly thought that not being against the use of torture somehow sanctioned it. Thanks for the " Alternate Facts "

Sanction: give official permission or approval for.

has he given permission to allow touture, or spouted rhetoric that he agrees with it? we understand the difference between doing and saying? you want to talk about alternative facts, he stated his position is to go with his Secretary of Defense who does not support torture. lets not end up doing what he is accusing the media of, and creating false facts about him, it makes us no better than him.

i dont really want get into "defending" him, i'm pointing to what he said rather than what is being reported differ, watch the interview online if it matters.

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Tree's will just have to take one for the team like we did with austerity...
Ah, you mean " All in This Together ".... I hope she has packed some lube if that's the case.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Sanction: give official permission or approval for.

has he given permission to allow touture, or spouted rhetoric that he agrees with it? we understand the difference between doing and saying? you want to talk about alternative facts, he stated his position is to go with his Secretary of Defense who does not support torture. lets not end up doing what he is accusing the media of, and creating false facts about him, it makes us no better than him.

i dont really want get into "defending" him, i'm pointing to what he said rather than what is being reported differ, watch the interview online if it matters.

This is fair. It's just odd that it's such a big deal.

It's the opinion of the idiot President v the actions of the Secretary of Defence who will make the decision. So why is it such big news?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This is fair. It's just odd that it's such a big deal.

It's the opinion of the idiot President v the actions of the Secretary of Defence who will make the decision. So why is it such big news?
Surely the President can overrule or ignore the advice of the Secretary if Defence? Either way we have the US President clearly stating that he feels torture works. Dress it up any way you want, the facts are that the leader if the free world has not ruled it out which is a bit of a shift.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
actually i dont believe he has. i heard the interview and he said he's going with his Secretary of Defense view, who does not support it. he then went onto some rhetoric about using fire to fight fire and that asking opinion of a dozen experts told him it works. thats not a sanctioning of use, because the official (and legal) position to not use it remains, he's saying that he isnt against its use. lets not fall into the trap of deliberately misquoting just because we dont like him.

It is depressing to see the contortions that some on here are going through to justify things that we all would have found repugnant 2 years ago just to support their new world view. I would advise yoga for some on here as you are going to have to stretch yourself into some improbable positions in the coming years.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
And now we have Paul Nuttall the UKIP leader suppirting the use of water boarding in the same view as Trump.
Maybe this is what Trump meant about we can always get closer.

Just wonder how many NSC UKIP voters are fully behind Nuttall and his torture acceptance.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
And now we have Paul Nuttall the UKIP leader suppirting the use of water boarding in the same view as Trump.

Just wonder how many NSC UKIP voters are fully behind Nuttall and his torture acceptance.

What he actually said ..

"I think sometimes you have to fight fire with fire, and I think these people are incarcerated because they are bad people, OK? And they want to do us harm.

"If waterboarding ensures that we save a number of lives in this country or in America because someone admits to something that is going to happen in terms of a terrorist attack, well through gritted teeth I'd probably be OK with it.

"If someone admits that a terrorist attack is going to happen and saves the lives of innocent individuals then I think maybe it's a price worth paying… if a British government was elected and said it was required to ensure it saved innocent people's lives then sometimes you have to go that extra mile."

Out of interest If waterboarding ensures we save a number of lives in this country from a terrorist outrage would you be willing to accept it .. through gritted teeth?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

We can't decide if post-Brexit Britain is Shanghai-on-Thames or a British Burma.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
What he actually said ..

"I think sometimes you have to fight fire with fire, and I think these people are incarcerated because they are bad people, OK? And they want to do us harm.

"If waterboarding ensures that we save a number of lives in this country or in America because someone admits to something that is going to happen in terms of a terrorist attack, well through gritted teeth I'd probably be OK with it.

"If someone admits that a terrorist attack is going to happen and saves the lives of innocent individuals then I think maybe it's a price worth paying… if a British government was elected and said it was required to ensure it saved innocent people's lives then sometimes you have to go that extra mile."

Out of interest If waterboarding ensures we save a number of lives in this country from a terrorist outrage would you be willing to accept it .. through gritted teeth?

The answering questions immediately threshold defined by [MENTION=20527]studio150[/MENTION] and Herr T has been exceeded. Yellow card.

If it's good enough for [MENTION=26105]Soulman[/MENTION] ... :p

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
What he actually said ..

No.

Torture only effectively achieves the answers that the torturer wants to hear. How many confessions in medival times were only forthcoming after the use of the rack or other devices but in reality the confessor was innocent.

If you cross the line even with the best intentions where do you stop. Lets say information to date says that the terrorist attack will happen in 12 hours time. After 2 hours of water boarding without success what do you do now to stop the attack. Start chopping figures off or electric shocks or something more sinsister.

While a number of lives may be lost we should always adhere to international agreements on the treatment of people.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
No.

Torture only effectively achieves the answers that the torturer wants to hear. How many confessions in medival times were only forthcoming after the use of the rack or other devices but in reality the confessor was innocent.

If you cross the line even with the best intentions where do you stop. Lets say information to date says that the terrorist attack will happen in 12 hours time. After 2 hours of water boarding without success what do you do now to stop the attack. Start chopping figures off or electric shocks or something more sinsister.

While a number of lives may be lost we should always adhere to international agreements on the treatment of people.

Does it? Are you sure? What do you base that opinion on?

Expanding on your hypothetical scenarios. What about water boarding x 1 revealing vital information leading to saving thousands of lives .. worth it?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
At the press conference upon Mrs Mays return, a question from the assembled press Priminister Priminister Arthur Scumbag Dailey Sport Priminister can you confirm did Presedent Trump grab you......... You know did he grab you .........by the hand?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Try sticking to facts, eh? He hasn't.

Marvellous, asked his opinion he said " It works " ... hell I can't be bothered to find the exact quote and highlight what it means as you will still try to limbo dance out of admitting the stark staring bloody obvious. You seriously need to get your head out of your arse and take a look around.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Does it? Are you sure? What do you base that opinion on?

Expanding on your hypothetical scenarios. What about water boarding x 1 revealing vital information leading to saving thousands of lives .. worth it?

Lets suppose you are abducted on the street black hooded and restrained and taken somewhere.

You have the hood removed and see a bright light ahead of you.
You are asked if the light is on or off you answer on.
Immediately after your reply you are whipped and the hood is replaced.
After a period of time again your hood is removed but the time you are in blackness and are asked if a light is on or off you say off and are whipped on this answer.

How long before you answer with the expected answer when your hood is removed. 99% of people would say the light is off when it is on before the captures give up. However they have no extracted the correct answer.

As to you last question no I still dont think it is worth it we are not the Gestapo and should not adpire to be

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Lets suppose you are abducted on the street black hooded and restrained and taken somewhere.

You have the hood removed and see a bright light ahead of you.
You are asked if the light is on or off you answer on.
Immediately after your reply you are whipped and the hood is replaced.
After a period of time again your hood is removed but the time you are in blackness and are asked if a light is on or off you say off and are whipped on this answer.

How long before you answer with the expected answer when your hood is removed. 99% of people would say the light is off when it is on before the captures give up. However they have no extracted the correct answer.

As to you last question no I still don't think it is worth it we are not the Gestapo and should not adpire to be

I don't believe for one moment that torture never works but I respect your position. I suspect the reality is many western governments have made use of methods that could be loosely defined as torture mostly through third parties with varying degrees of success.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here