Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Match v Reading at home moved to Friday 24th Feb for TV

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So it's Sky's fault we'll be subject to SASTA Rail Misery for the Reading game.

Could their engineers and presenters be invited to travel to ( and more importantly back home from ) the game by SouthernFail on a Friday night ? ???

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
One point on his view of 'no shows' - they have absolutely no idea how many season ticket holders don't show. If I can't go, I make sure I get my season ticket to one of my mates so the seat's used. I don't charge them for this, and simply absorb the cost. I imagine a large number of people with season tickets get the card to somebody when they know they're not going to make it. I miss a game, I still get an email from the club thanking me for my support. While I disagree with Notters's view of the current attendances, he's absolutely right that it's a growing problem and they're not really going to have a clear idea of how strongly people feel about unless we miss out again this season, I think. If I've ended up, by season's end, having paid something like £65 per game for the ones I've actually seen because they keep being moved, it simply isn't financially viable to renew.

If we get promoted, there will be enough demand for tickets that it won't be a problem in the short term. Come back down, though, and there's no guarantee those seats will be filled quite so easily. Lose season ticket holders over reasons like this, and it's very difficult to get them back. Green Cross Code Man points out that the East Lower is already 'decimated' to use his word on midweek evenings. I worry that it's a wave which looks innocuous enough at the moment but will crash onto the club with considerable force if they don't get promoted. Alienate your 'custom' base while everything's gravy, you may get away with it. Do so when it's not so good, and you're in trouble.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The problem is that the more games that are moved to Friday night Rail Misery evenings, then the more season ticket holders will be put off renewing.

Move to Saturday lunchtime or early evening, or to Sunday and the rail pain inflicted will not be so harsh and fans won't be left sleeping at Brighton station.

We await which slot the Derby game will inevitably be moved to.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
So it's Sky's fault we'll be subject to SASTA Rail Misery for the Reading game.

Could their engineers and presenters be invited to travel to ( and more importantly back home from ) the game by SouthernFail on a Friday night ? ???

And if not rail, perhaps a struggle at park and ride?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
If we get promoted, there will be enough demand for tickets that it won't be a problem in the short term. Come back down, though, and there's no guarantee those seats will be filled quite so easily. Lose season ticket holders over reasons like this, and it's very difficult to get them back. Green Cross Code Man points out that the East Lower is already 'decimated' to use his word on midweek evenings. I worry that it's a wave which looks innocuous enough at the moment but will crash onto the club with considerable force if they don't get promoted. Alienate your 'custom' base while everything's gravy, you may get away with it. Do so when it's not so good, and you're in trouble.

Some good points made here about losing fans. After the club has worked so hard attracting younger supporters, are some now missing out because evening games are too late for them? Will parents not bother with season tickets for youngsters that can only see a few Saturday games?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here