Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton v Villa, Promise being kept

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
It was the location that caught my interest being on one of the Great Lakes and I love watching lightning over the water so I guess that's what stuck in my memory.

You won't be disappointed here then mate. Its a beautiful city. Our water front has the famous "sleeping giant" this is the view out the city every day.

Giant%20fr%20Hillcrest%20gold%20tones-120108012.jpg

You are welcome anytime! If you ever make it try and get in touch with me.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Hello North Stand Chat It sure has been sometime since I ventured onto this forum and posted much of anything. But I wanted to make a post as a good amount of you know me and a bit about how I ended up here. I won't bore everyone with the long story but the short version I am a born and bred Canadian that supports Aston Villa (i wanted an excuse to drink more) and I met an Englishmen who was a life long Brighton fan about 10 years ago in my home town. He got me into the football proper and encouraged me to travel over to England to watch football. However, before I could he passed away from an aneurysm/stroke in Jan 2011 but since then I have made 5 treks to England to watch Villa and Brighton (was at the last match at Withdean amoung others).

Before he passed I promised I would be there the next time Villa played Brighton and so here we are now. Making a short 5 day trek over form Canada and got my ticket sorted in the away end. Going to be a great (if maybe a bit emotional in a good way). Looking forward to it and hopefully have some time to have a swift pint with some of you i've met over the years.

Fantastic story :)

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Great post - hope you enjoy the game!

(PS... and this is an example of why I think that a blanket introduction of an "away end" in NSC would be a mistake).

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
You won't be disappointed here then mate. Its a beautiful city. Our water front has the famous "sleeping giant" this is the view out the city every day.

Giant%20fr%20Hillcrest%20gold%20tones-120108012.jpg

You are welcome anytime! If you ever make it try and get in touch with me.

Looks great Peever. Will def look you up if I can make it out there.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Jeez, was it really 2011 when we lost the Defrocked Priest ...
FIVE years ago already !!
I remember reading those emotional posts of the day he died.
Good on yer Peever for keeping the promise .... a true mate beyond the grave.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Hey PEEEEV, how are you buddy. Good to hear from you.
Cant believe its 5 years since Evan passed. Tragic event, so sad.
Where are you and Tay meeting for a beer before the match, in town or outside the ground?
I will try and meet up with you, be great to see you again.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Thats rather surprising. Most people never even heard of it let alone want to visit! But yes lots of Scando's. Largest settlers were Finnish. Outside of Helsinki Finland we have the next largest Finnish population in the world.

I have a friend from Thunder Bay (Kim - bloke not girl) so I know of it. Pretty damned cold by all accounts!

I have a friend from Thunder Bay (Kim - bloke not girl) so I know of it. Pretty damned cold by all accounts!

Few years ago somebody posted a picture of their cars outside temperature gauge showing minus 6.
[MENTION=17270]Peever[/MENTION] posted his showing minus 38.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Jeez, was it really 2011 when we lost the Defrocked Priest ...
FIVE years ago already !!
I remember reading those emotional posts of the day he died.
Good on yer Peever for keeping the promise .... a true mate beyond the grave.

It really is crazy how fast time has passed. I had the same thought when I first realised it.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Hey PEEEEV, how are you buddy. Good to hear from you.
Cant believe its 5 years since Evan passed. Tragic event, so sad.
Where are you and Tay meeting for a beer before the match, in town or outside the ground?
I will try and meet up with you, be great to see you again.

Not 100% sure as of yet. I am traveling down with a load of my Villa mates so I have to wait and see what they are organizing. There was some mention of a student bar near the ground. But once I know I will fire you a PM mate!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Hello North Stand Chat It sure has been sometime since I ventured onto this forum and posted much of anything. But I wanted to make a post as a good amount of you know me and a bit about how I ended up here. I won't bore everyone with the long story but the short version I am a born and bred Canadian that supports Aston Villa (i wanted an excuse to drink more) and I met an Englishmen who was a life long Brighton fan about 10 years ago in my home town. He got me into the football proper and encouraged me to travel over to England to watch football. However, before I could he passed away from an aneurysm/stroke in Jan 2011 but since then I have made 5 treks to England to watch Villa and Brighton (was at the last match at Withdean amoung others).

Before he passed I promised I would be there the next time Villa played Brighton and so here we are now. Making a short 5 day trek over form Canada and got my ticket sorted in the away end. Going to be a great (if maybe a bit emotional in a good way). Looking forward to it and hopefully have some time to have a swift pint with some of you i've met over the years.

What a great story and it shows the power and passion that football generates.
Hope you have a great trip and are not to upset it we win :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here