Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Just leaving Lille after watching the Irish game Hendrick would be perfect cover for kayal and Stephens. Obviously not gonna happen

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just leaving Lille after watching the Irish game Hendrick would be perfect cover for kayal and Stephens. Obviously not gonna happen
We may well be waiting for an Eire exit to sign a midfielder or a leftback. ???

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
:albion2: :albion2: :albion2:

http://m.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/?ref=mnav

Seems Hughton wants a central defender who can play fullback, or a midfielder who can play fullback.

So Central Defense, Fullback, and Midfield strengthening covered by 2 new players.

Very much as expected and as I said numerous times before. Left midfielder to replace Jake Forster-Caskey unless he gets more bottle. And with a realistic chance of getting a first team spot as left back, as a left footer is needed for distribution, overlapping, and blocking crosses. A right footed left back is actually better at stopping the fashionable inverted wingers though.

I quite like Helan (Sheff Wed) with potential. But a left sided central defender would be a good acquistion as well. I still like Stephen Ward but his age is against him now. I like Ward because he can join the attack and is a capable goal scorer. Not that Bong has let us down at all and he seems quite competent.

Tommysowerby

Feb 12, 2016
Yep 2 strikers has to be a priority. We play 4-4-2 and only have 2 in the first team....unless he's gonna bring someone through?

I guess the other option is loans....and that tends to happen in July.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Hughton comments on STRIKERS

http://m.theargus.co.uk/sport/albio..._break_transfer_record_to_land_a_top_striker/

I get the feeling singings are close.

singing_main.jpg

Yes, they are.

Or is this a denture check?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The question for me is, forwards aside, will anyone else we sign be it defence or midfield, be prepared to start as a backup?

That includes some of the names mentioned on this thread.

There really wasn't a lot wrong with us last season and unless there are departures, we look strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
The question for me is, forwards aside, will anyone else we sign be it defence or midfield, be prepared to start as a backup?

That includes some of the names mentioned on this thread.

There really wasn't a lot wrong with us last season and unless there are departures, we look strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Competition. I doubt we'll sign players specifically to be backup but they will need to work hard to get ahead of the players who are currently first choice.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
My SAUCE says there could be a BIG movement. It was a HOT sauce ???

Sent by 2 old baked bean cans and a piece of string

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here