Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Match days and players arrival time

bridge

Mar 16, 2011
What's his name and I will see what I can do about the autographs for him. Not sure bout the photo because the players lounge is separate from the Managers Lounge but I can ask. I can def get him Chris and Colin's autograph for sure

That'll be quality if you could arrange that for him thanks . I'll message you [emoji3]

emphyrian

May 25, 2004
Woodingdean
Think I'll hang around the car park with my boy nice and early and see who arrives. Least I'll know if we are too late if there is a car park full of flash motors already !! Will try after the match then.
Photos and autographs be good, he's after Bruno's and Stockdales.

yeah we got photos with both last year. His shirt turned mostly black due to the amount of autographs he got plastered over himself.

bridge

Mar 16, 2011
yeah we got photos with both last year. His shirt turned mostly black due to the amount of autographs he got plastered over himself.

Haha brilliant. Think it's great when the kids meet their football heroes.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I finally met my footballing hero back in the 90s, a certain Peter Osgood, I was the biggest kid about running up to him and getting his autograph. I was a mere 30 years old at the time.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Stumbling out of the North (north-east) entrance over the last 5 years I've seen GG, Casper, Tex, Liam Ros, Wilson and Greg Rusedski outside signing autographs. Generally somewhere between 1 and 3 pints after the final whistle :)

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
The players arrive from 10:15 as they need to be in the ground by 11:00 (for 3 o'clock k.o). So adjust timings forward 30 mins.
Wait by the car park entrance (NE corner). You get to see the players drive past you so you know who is coming.
The players pre match walk to the players entrance which is at the bottom of the steps (NW corner).
After the game the players walk across the pitch and come out of the East Stand so everyone waits by the car park entrance (NE corner).
Players are always friendly and pose for loads of photos and signings.
Just a warning that after the game they will all have their kids/wife/girlfriends with them as it is the lap of appreciation after the game.
This meant that some players had there hands full or in some cases the wife's moved the car and picked the player up.
After the game they may be longer than normal as they may stop to watch the Burnley game...

bridge

Mar 16, 2011
The players arrive from 10:15 as they need to be in the ground by 11:00 (for 3 o'clock k.o). So adjust timings forward 30 mins.
Wait by the car park entrance (NE corner). You get to see the players drive past you so you know who is coming.
The players pre match walk to the players entrance which is at the bottom of the steps (NW corner).
After the game the players walk across the pitch and come out of the East Stand so everyone waits by the car park entrance (NE corner).
Just a warning that after the game they will all have their kids/wife/girlfriends with them as it is the lap of appreciation after the game.
This meant that some players had there hands full or in some cases the wife's moved the car and picked the player up.
After the game they may be longer than normal as they may stop to watch the Burnley game...

Thanks for all the info, going to get there in plenty of time as would rather take my lad before the match rather than after as will be quieter hopefully plus like you say no guarantees on time.

bridge

Mar 16, 2011
Wonder if we'll get away with the free train travel that time of the morning.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

And Bruno's blond mrs is definitely worth a shove. He still has Spanish number plates.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
Thanks, daft question but when you say car park, have they got their one one then? Or do they park in the main ones at the top.
We've always just got off the train and gone straight into the stadium so not really ventured around looking for the players before.
Their own special one
Entrance outside the east at the bottom of the hill (ie club shop end)

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
When my eldest daughter worked at the Amex in the first season I used to give her a lift around 11am on match days.
Lots of times we followed the opposition coach in and various Albion players as well.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Wish I knew how to see Stuart Storer tomorrow (big screen aside). Would love to kiss his face.

Untitled1.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 153

bridge

Mar 16, 2011
Well we went early (a bit too early as waited for a while) but the lad met them all and got photos and signatures. Fair play to the players as the weather was crap but they were all happy to sign and have photos. Even Bong who was late.
However the lads best one was walking into the family bar in the east when it opened to see LuaLua laying on the sofa in there. Quick photo with him before he had to leg it as he wasn't supposed to be in there apparently.

His new chant tonight being sung round the house "lualua he's in the bar lualua he's in the bar"

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Well we went early (a bit too early as waited for a while) but the lad met them all and got photos and signatures. Fair play to the players as the weather was crap but they were all happy to sign and have photos. Even Bong who was late.
However the lads best one was walking into the family bar in the east when it opened to see LuaLua laying on the sofa in there. Quick photo with him before he had to leg it as he wasn't supposed to be in there apparently.

His new chant tonight being sung round the house "lualua he's in the bar lualua he's in the bar"

Just sent you a private message. I got him a programme signed specifically to him from Chris. Don't know if you managed to bump into Chris or not before the match but I got him a photo as well today - Quite a rarity because it also has a couple of footballing legends in it with him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here