Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I must have missed it but why did old grass stained knees miss today’s game?

Fall out with Parish again - still not made up from the fall out of one unfollowing the other on twitter. I hear it’s toxic in that dressing room from a very well placed source...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Fall out with Parish again - still not made up from the fall out of one unfollowing the other on twitter. I hear it’s toxic in that dressing room from a very well placed source...
I assume you're just kidding?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So why did Zaha sign a new contract? Obviously it's for more money, but if he wants out soon, that money in the short term isn't a big deal and not worth scuppering a move.

The only exception I can think of is if his new contract has a decent release clause in it.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
So why did Zaha sign a new contract? Obviously it's for more money, but if he wants out soon, that money in the short term isn't a big deal and not worth scuppering a move.

The only exception I can think of is if his new contract has a decent release clause in it.

Wouldn't you sign a new contract for the improved financial return . If a top club wants to sign him they will and the term of his current contract would not be too much of a hindrance. For what it's worth I think he will finish the current season at Selhurst and move on next summer, strange as he has started the season well but clearly still wants out.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Wouldn't you sign a new contract for the improved financial return
Not if it made it more difficult for me to leave.
If a top club wants to sign him they will and the term of his current contract would not be too much of a hindrance.
The price is not irrelevant though.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton

Maybe he's a naturally cautious young man and while signing a new contract makes his departure a bit trickier and removes the prospect of a hefty signing bonus in the event of a career ending injury he's still got several years left earning millions

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

I think Palace value him more highly than the market as otherwise he would not still be at Selhurst. No doubt that was making its way to an agent and you can imagine lots of ‘you are pricing me out of a big move’ negotiations that resulted in the large salary increase.

For Zaha he has another season at a club he knows on good money so will ride it out until a club meet the clubs valuation safe in the knowledge he is racking up some serious cash in his account

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Brighton have been awarded 10 penalties in the Premier League since the start of last season (scoring seven), a joint-high along with Crystal Palace.

Corrected for the BBC: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45305232

Brighton have been awarded 10 penalties in the Premier League since the start of last season (scoring seven), a joint-high along with Zaha.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I think Palace value him more highly than the market as otherwise he would not still be at Selhurst. No doubt that was making its way to an agent and you can imagine lots of ‘you are pricing me out of a big move’ negotiations that resulted in the large salary increase.

For Zaha he has another season at a club he knows on good money so will ride it out until a club meet the clubs valuation safe in the knowledge he is racking up some serious cash in his account
Exactly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here