Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] West ham v Stoke

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No...
This.
And this. There's no way Liverpool will play a full strength squad against Stoke. Against us, I can't see why they wouldn't, they don't want their players having more than 10 days without a game, as they'll want match sharpness.

It's possible Spurs will rest a couple, although it's guaranteed Liverpool will, as they have a big game either side of their game against Stoke.

Well I agree that even a weakened Liverpool team will be tough for Stoke to beat, and hopefully those standing in will be trying to get themselves a place in the CL team.

Massive result for us today though. 2 wins and 2 draws or 3 wins is a tough ask for Stoke.

Mo Salah wants to make sure he gets the Golden Boot.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
I think you'll find that these are a top, top team and we need make sure our levels don't drop.
Annie game in this division is difficult. They have quality that can hurt us. But if we want to stay in this division then we have to believe we can take something from the game and it is a home match, where we have generally been more able to play at our levels, but we will need the crowd to support us - as they have done throughout the season.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They don't need to, but if they're safe in top 4, with no chance of second, I bet they do. They'll wrap Salah and Firminho in particular in cotton wool if they are in the CL final.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

With home advantage I still see Liverpool beating Stoke, even resting a couple of players. Their replacements will be fighting for future places, with or without a CL final.

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
The final is 10 days after the final Premier League game - so won't need to rest anyone. Playing Stoke 3 days after the Semi and 3 days before, they are guaranteed to change their 11 players.

Can’t see them risking a injury to a star player in a game before a final, especially one as big as the Chsmpions league

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Can’t see them risking a injury to a star player in a game before a final, especially one as big as the Chsmpions league

I dont think they will rest players as they want them to be up and running and fit. Getting injured is just as likely in a training ground tackle as we know to our cost with Stephens so I cannot see them not playing their top players. If the Final was Tuesday or Wednesday after the last league game perhaps but not 10 days

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
1. Joe Hart has become a shocking goalkeeper, he shouldn't be anywhere near the England team.

2. West Ham are not out of the woods - Arsenal, Citeh, Leicester, Man Utd and Everton is a tricky run in.

1 ... It says a lot about the mediocrity of the England squad that he almost certainly will be going to Russia.

2 ... Yes l agree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here