Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stoke, Southampton, Swansea & Huddersfield. Remaining Fixtures.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I've just read, that outside the big six, only Burnley, Watford and Brighton have kept themselves out of the bottom three all season. Surely we can't blow it now.???

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I've just read, that outside the big six, only Burnley, Watford and Brighton have kept themselves out of the bottom three all season. Surely we can't blow it now.???

Not quite, unless there is a cutoff for that. We haven’t been BACK in the bottom three though...

02B32E26-BD54-4E38-B1C7-719DF2516FB1.jpeg

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Funny how so many of us expect nothing from our last five games but can see the teams below us garnering 6 or 7 points. Every fan of other teams in the Premier League that I speak to has said “you’re safe” for weeks now. Why doesn’t it feel like it to me? :smile:

This. I don't get it either.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Swansea look fragile now, their next 3:
ManCity A
Chelsea H
Bournemouth A

They might well go into their last 2 still on 33 points. They have Southampton & Stoke at home for their last 2 games. Does leave you feeling any point for us could be vital.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Don’t think we should totally discount Palace and West Ham. I Can see Swansea, Huddersfield, Palace and West Ham all needing something at home on the last day of the season - but they all have fixtures where you’d fancy them to get a result (assuming Arsenal don’t turn up at Hudds).

My little predictor says Southampton 2nd bottom and us level on points with Swansea and Stoke, probably surviving on GD.

We shall see....

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Marginally easier fixtures.

I can see no more points for West Ham this season unless they fluke one v Everton.
Everton will be on the beach by the time they play West Ham. I can't really understand why so many people, including West Ham fans, seem to think that is unwinnable. And from our point of view, they probably only need a point more than us to be safe really, and that one is EASILY drawable which is more than can be said about any of our remaining fixtures.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Don’t think we should totally discount Palace and West Ham. I Can see Swansea, Huddersfield, Palace and West Ham all needing something at home on the last day of the season - but they all have fixtures where you’d fancy them to get a result (assuming Arsenal don’t turn up at Hudds).

My little predictor says Southampton 2nd bottom and us level on points with Swansea and Stoke, probably surviving on GD.

We shall see....

Where do you see Stoke getting 7 points from ?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

We shall see....

Feck me [MENTION=19854]KingKev[/MENTION], you’ve just got me worried again [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Everton will be on the beach by the time they play West Ham. I can't really understand why so many people, including West Ham fans, seem to think that is unwinnable. And from our point of view, they probably only need a point more than us to be safe really, and that one is EASILY drawable which is more than can be said about any of our remaining fixtures.

Everton are key to the run in. They go to Huddersfield this weekend, and I see nothing but a home win. Everton’s season is over, and they are playing like it.

That said, for the game at West Ham, there is the Fat Sam factor. He’d love to send them down, out of spite.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Funny how so many of us expect nothing from our last five games but can see the teams below us garnering 6 or 7 points. Every fan of other teams in the Premier League that I speak to has said “you’re safe” for weeks now. Why doesn’t it feel like it to me? [emoji2]
It winds me up more than it should.

There is no reason whatsoever to expect that other teams will do any better in 'tough' fixtures than we will.

Regency Gull

Jul 14, 2003
Shoreham by Sea
Been waiting for this, this week - for a bit of perspective.

Surprised how positive it is for us and perhaps it reflects the amount of teams at the bottom who have to play each other and so their opportunity to move up is limited

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but Arsenal have lost all five of their away Prem League games in 2018 (you have to go down to Tamworth in National League North to find an equivalent bad run). Fortunately only Huddersfield play them at home so their appalling record won't have much of an impact on the relegation situation. However, it does suggest we shouldn't assume the Big Six will automatically win all their games against the relegation contenders - as Man Utd also demonstrated against WBA

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
I think they’ll beat Palace and could take 4 points from Burnley and Swansea. But then see my signature to gauge my natural level of pessimism ��

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
My analysis. Yes I'm a bit worried....

Close or way off the mark?

Stoke (28 now)
Burnley H Draw (29)
Liverpool A Lose (29)
Palace H Draw (30)
Swansea A Draw (31)

Southampton (28 now)
Leicester A Draw (29)
Bournemouth H Win (32)
Everton A Lose (32)
Swansea A Draw (33)
Man City H Draw (34)

Swansea (33 now)
Man City A Lose (33)
Chelsea H Draw (34)
Bournemouth A Draw (35)
Southampton H Draw (36)
Stoke H Draw (37)

Huddersfield (35 now)
Everton H Win (38)
Man City A Lose (38)
Chelsea A Lose (38)
Arsenal H Draw (39)

Us (35 now)
Spurs H Lose (35)
Burnley A Draw (36)
Man Utd H Draw (37)
Man City A Lose (37)
Liverpool A Lose (37)

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
That is (still) vaguely reassuring

Thanks

View attachment 96115

Is it right though. They are suggesting Leicester could still go down. Given teams are playing each other below them I'm not sure that is correct. It may just be based on the points but isn't taking into account the games between the teams below them?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here