Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Strewth.

She has nothing to say, does she ?

No substance, just meaningless soundbites ( and at other times just slagging off the opposition ).

Worst Campaign in History.

I think I remember reading once "you can't win election. You can only lose one".

Whether you agree with that or not, it seems the tories are doing the best effort to screw up and un-screwable position.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Not mentioning the immeasurably better manifesto that the Labour party have compared to the Tories (i've been there done that) , but as leaders Corbyn is now starting to look like the real deal. A man that can lead the country. He is starting to get his mojo and has a certain swagger about him now that i didn't see a few months ago.

I have now decided that i would like to vote Labour as Corbyn is impressing me more and more and on the contrary May is looking more of a stuttering u turning clown.

Corbyn seems to be cut from a different cloth from the other "standard" type politicians which is refreshing.

However i live in an area where Labour don’t get a look in which means it is between Lib Dem and Conservative. So based on the awful Tory policies and the fact May is a u-turning snake without any actual numbers on anything I will have to vote Lib Dems.

Great link, enter your post code and see who rivals the tories in your area: https://www.tactical2017.com/

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
That'll be why May pulled out Womens Hour today on Radio 4 - she knew what was going to happen to McKinley and couldn't face questions on it. As she said herself on the matter:

The CPS has decided – they are an independent body – they have decided that no charges will be brought against any candidate in relation to this matter.

Candidates did nothing wrong. It’s very important and I repeat that – I have said it many times – candidates did nothing wrong.

#strongandstable

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think you are missing the point.

This discussion isn't about US trying to trade with Europe. We will continue to do so, of course - though it will be extremely difficult to be competitive.

This is about attracting foreign corporations, who wish to set up to commence / increase their European operations. No company is going to choose to do that in a non-EU country. Why would they? It would be absolute madness.

Well, if the only companies here will be the poor *******s who have no choice, I'm not sure why we'd stop at 25% *. Go higher to help us pay for all the free things.

(* - We'd have to ignore all the bad things that a rise in corporation tax brings to ordinary people as highlighted by the IFS, but it's for the greater good right?)

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
No, that was the referendum remain campaign by the Tories.

And that lot could be running our country for the next five years.

Not disagreeing, but where was any input from Labour getting behind Remain.....nothing. Maybe some input from them would have seen the democratic vote results different.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ok, i know there are many experts on this forum, so i will just give my opinion.
Last night i listened to the panel on QT debating corporation tax. The loud speaking Labour chap wanted the tax to go up, and Davies wanted it to go down.
I think that the businessess that we have here now, (ones which the Remainers stated would/are leaving in droves now) will be encouraged to stay.
Decent firms may also want to leave their EU bases, because they will also be able to trade with us under our tariffs, and set up here.
I expect the usual, "crap"," idiot", and other insults to an opinion that differs from about 80% of NSC, which is why it is not worth voting on this new poll, next week counts.
A big difference of opinion on this Corporation Tax, i happen to think that not putting it up is the best way forward.
I voted out of the EU so that we could make our own laws, our own trade rules, our own immigration laws etc etc, not to stop trading with Europe.
I'm a vehement remainer and I don't think businesses that are all here will leave in their droves - certainly not until the terms of the divorce are finalised. It costs a lot of money to move a business - you can't just up sticks overnight if all your factories are here, and you have thousands of trained workers. However, once we have left, if a business decides the trade terms are absolutely shocking, then they will leave - gradually, over a period of time.

If you get the "usual" crap and idiot thrown at you, it's with good reason - your arguments are all over the place. Let's not forget that this conversation is being conducted because you quoted Ireland as a good argument for lowering corporation tax. Given the Brexit situation, we are NOT going to be attracting Europe-focused export firms without spectacularly low corporation tax. But by doing that, we would be lowering corporation tax for ALL companies who will be here regardless of Brexit, so it makes absolutely no sense.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Ok, i know there are many experts on this forum, so i will just give my opinion.
Last night i listened to the panel on QT debating corporation tax. The loud speaking Labour chap wanted the tax to go up, and Davies wanted it to go down.
I think that the businessess that we have here now, (ones which the Remainers stated would/are leaving in droves now) will be encouraged to stay.
Decent firms may also want to leave their EU bases, because they will also be able to trade with us under our tariffs, and set up here.
I expect the usual, "crap"," idiot", and other insults to an opinion that differs from about 80% of NSC, which is why it is not worth voting on this new poll, next week counts.
A big difference of opinion on this Corporation Tax, i happen to think that not putting it up is the best way forward.
I voted out of the EU so that we could make our own laws, our own trade rules, our own immigration laws etc etc, not to stop trading with Europe.
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] summed it up simply, at the current 19% we currently raise more in corporation tax than we have at any time before and more than we did at 26%, this lower rate will also help drive growth.

for these reasons alone its lunacy to increase it, and half of labours spending commitments are based on this illusory figure that in doing so it will raise 19.4 billion over what we earn today. It wont, which makes half of Labours spending pledges fall apart unless they have another way of meeting the real world shortfall a 26p rate would cause with less corporation tax revenue than today.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Well, if the only companies here will be the poor *******s who have no choice, I'm not sure why we'd stop at 25% *. Go higher to help us pay for all the free things.

(* - We'd have to ignore all the bad things that a rise in corporation tax brings to ordinary people as highlighted by the IFS, but it's for the greater good right?)

There is clearly a balance to be struck. You don't want to discourage small business start ups because they are the back bone of this country. On the other hand, reducing corporation tax as a sweetener to foreign firms worried about post Brexit trade tariffs is an absolutely clueless idea for the simple reason that it reduces tax receipts across the board from existing companies that have no intention of leaving.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I'm a vehement remainer and I don't think businesses that are all here will leave in their droves - certainly not until the terms of the divorce are finalised. It costs a lot of money to move a business - you can't just up sticks overnight if all your factories are here, and you have thousands of trained workers. However, once we have left, if a business decides the trade terms are absolutely shocking, then they will leave - gradually, over a period of time.

If you get the "usual" crap and idiot thrown at you, it's with good reason - your arguments are all over the place. Let's not forget that this conversation is being conducted because you quoted Ireland as a good argument for lowering corporation tax. Given the Brexit situation, we are NOT going to be attracting Europe-focused export firms without spectacularly low corporation tax. But by doing that, we would be lowering corporation tax for ALL companies who will be here regardless of Brexit, so it makes absolutely no sense.

Fair enough. You have your opinion.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
If you want it answered repeat it. My suspicion is you have forgotten yourself but are enjoying accusing me of not answering your question. Like I say, I don't think you even remember the question. You must be 1/10 now for not answering my request.

I am so pleased you are finally keen to answer the question
These should help you…….A or B makes it even simpler for you
Even you cant fail to answer now

was a vote to Leave the EU a vote to
A/ keep free movement and not be in full control of our borders
B/ End free movement and have full control of our borders

A/ Remain under control of the ECJ in Luxembourg
B/ End primacy of the ECJ and return more law powers to Westminster

Was a vote to leave the EU a vote to
A/ remain as members of the single market and let the EU dictate our trade agreements
B/ quit being members and make our own trade deals globally free from EU meddling.

Perhaps you might just refuse to answer again.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I agree a candidate is free to hold religious beliefs they can touch someone and heal them, a candidate is free to believe they can cure gay people through prayer.
This is their religious right.
You are free to believe their viewpoint is stupid.
But why should it be allowed that there is a collective campaign against this person and their religious belief.
This smacks against freedom of expression.

Its hypocritical if not applied to all nutty religions

I'd be equally critical of a Muslim candidate that didn't reveal they supported Sharia Law, a Catholic candidate that didn't reveal they wanted to ban abortion, a Jewish candidate that supported Israel's illegal house building etc etc.

That's not hypocritical, it's not 'beating them for their religion' and it's not preventing them their religious beliefs. If their beliefs have any influence over how they might vote in parliament then as a voter I would find it dishonest if they hid them. I won't vote for Kirsty Adams because of her beliefs on being gay ( which are linked to her religious beliefs ). Equally I wouldn't vote for Tim Farron if he was standing here because of his views on gay marriage and abortion ( once again linked to his religion ).

CherryInHove

Apr 16, 2015
Strewth.

She has nothing to say, does she ?

No substance, just meaningless soundbites ( and at other times just slagging off the opposition ).

Worst Campaign in History.

KZT31oz_d.jpg

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The more debates and facts I hear makes me think how much of a total thick as shit **** you have to be to vote tory, unless you're in the 5% then go ahead ya cretins

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

You have been groomed well for your first ever vote. Ever the little cuck reliant on opinions of others.
You are now the perfect poster child for Momentum and Jeremy’s new nicer way of doing politics.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I am so pleased you are finally keen to answer the question
These should help you…….A or B makes it even simpler for you
Even you cant fail to answer now

A/ keep free movement and not be in full control of our borders
B/ End free movement and have full control of our borders

A/ Remain under control of the ECJ in Luxembourg
B/ End primacy of the ECJ and return more law powers to Westminster

Was a vote to leave the EU a vote to
A/ remain as members of the single market and let the EU dictate our trade agreements
B/ quit being members and make our own trade deals globally free from EU meddling.

Perhaps you might just refuse to answer again.

OH, you meant THAT 'question'! He has answered it repeatedly, as have others.

The answer to every one of those questions, is 'C. Relinquish membership of the European Union, with no specific details of what else that entails'.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
You have been groomed well for your first ever vote. Ever the little cuck reliant on opinions of others.
You are now the perfect poster child for Momentum and Jeremy’s new nicer way of doing politics.
Erm who said I'm voting for labour ?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

CherryInHove

Apr 16, 2015

He says he listens to facts and debates. Thus educating himself about the politics. How is that reliant on opinions of others?

However, I notice that you use the word "cuck" which was incredibly popular with the mentally slow supporters of Donald Trump, so if as I suspect, you also support him, that pretty much says everything about you.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] summed it up simply, at the current 19% we currently raise more in corporation tax than we have at any time before and more than we did at 26%, this lower rate will also help drive growth.

for these reasons alone its lunacy to increase it, and half of labours spending commitments are based on this illusory figure that in doing so it will raise 19.4 billion over what we earn today. It wont, which makes half of Labours spending pledges fall apart unless they have another way of meeting the real world shortfall a 26p rate would cause with less corporation tax revenue than today.

Why not increase it to 20%, would that be lunacy?

At what point does the increase or level result an overall negative impact on the economy?

If lower is better why not reduce it to 18%?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here