SCR Phone-in tonight

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Well, for all the recent criticism the phone-in's been getting, (I've not heard them so I can't comment), I've been listening tonight and I think it's been top stuff!

Lots of people on their way back from the game, a ton of NSC people on there for good measure :lol: and plenty of semi-coherent boozed up Seagulls have made for top listening for those of us at home.

What a great night - just wish I'd have missed the phone-in by being at the game!

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Yeah - well done Harty, the Gremlins seemed to have vanished and everyone seems to have something relevant to say.

If I could only say that about my other half !

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
It certainly was better than it has been. Maybe thats because all the useless SCR usual listeners are tucked up in bed. Also with a good win it makes people want to call the show.

However.....

Harty is not a phone in presenter. He agrees with everything and even says "thats a fair point" if someone says something ridiculous. He sometimes tries to play devils advocate but he doesn't put any decent points together or argue with people that come out with crap. I'm not having a go at people on there tonight, it was ok but still quite boring listening, no debate or anything. It just sounded like some bloke asking his mates what the game was like.
Harty-"what was the game like?" SCR caller- "great game Harty, we played really well!" I know this, I just listened to the whole game.
Why doesn't he say what HE thinks about the game, club, the playing side, the financial side, infact everything from the type of grass we play on, right to the biggest signings. He used to have alot to say with Gulls Eye. Infact it was more than controversial.
For example, if we play another bad game with hoof and hope football or lose a game through bad tactics, then why doesn't he put his opinion across about it. The callers will respond, resulting in a much better phone in. Take a leaf out of Talksports football phone ins.
So well done SCR. Much better, but should do Much Much better.

Last edited:

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Which just goes to prove you cannot please all of the people all of the time.
Thanks to everyone who called in and apologies to the ones who didn't get on.
Back again Saturday at 5.00 when hopefully Captain Sensible will come on and give it to me straight.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
And Chappers, Who was showing his Penis at you?

Nothing like telling everyone on the radio, I pissed myself laughing. Top phone in, loads of passion and half the people on were NSC. Beach Hut, Chappers, Yorkie and a stackof others on text.

Seem to recall someone having to take over form Sheebo as he was being ill as well. very entertaining, well done lads.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
tinx said:
And Chappers, Who was showing his Penis at you?

Nothing like telling everyone on the radio, I pissed myself laughing. Top phone in, loads of passion and half the people on were NSC. Beach Hut, Chappers, Yorkie and a stackof others on text.

Seem to recall someone having to take over form Sheebo as he was being ill as well. very entertaining, well done lads.

Duffy was doing a willy windmill outside the van at me while i was tryinh to drunkenly shout at harty, he was the guy who took over from Sheebo who was a very poorly little boy last night.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
southstandandy said:
Yeah - well done Harty, the Gremlins seemed to have vanished and everyone seems to have something relevant to say.

I don't know about the gremlins vanishing. I had just got into my stride and the phone got cut off. :rolleyes:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Duffy was doing a willy windmill outside the van at me while i was tryinh to drunkenly shout at harty, he was the guy who took over from Sheebo who was a very poorly little boy last night.

Well it was bloody funny, You were slurring a bit mate. Mad eeven more funny that after Harty cut you off he went on about how well you were doing until you had to ruin it right at the end.

:lolol:

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Aaah, did realise that was you CtS!
Made me giggle too - didn't quite hear what you said that made Harty get the hump, but his reaction was funny!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
did'nt sound like chappers at the start then he came into his own and it was funny. Poor Yorkie getting cut off! SotonSeagull your text did make it in the end.
Thoroughly entertaining radio + game + NSC Live Chat :clap:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
tinx said:
Well it was bloody funny, You were slurring a bit mate. Mad eeven more funny that after Harty cut you off he went on about how well you were doing until you had to ruin it right at the end.

:lolol:

I was not slurring:angry:

Okay, yes i was.:drink: :clap2:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
loads Bozza, well over 20 I think but did'nt count 'em

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sounds like it's being used enough then. When I get round to it, we're going to pay for the upgrade which means we will be able to customise it, and integrate logging into it with NSC (ie you will be able to use your NSC login and password to get into it).

Lush

Mods' Pet
I'd say about 20 most matchdays - some people are there for the duration, others log in and out so difficult to tell.

I think more people would use it if they knew it was there. If you can't make a game, being at home listening to SCR and on the NSC Live Chat is the very best next-best thing.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
only me and tc @ 1 point !:lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports