Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS to Peterborough?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
He is still playing with 100% effort as always and shows no signs of sulking or wanting out! I think he knows he owes the club for sticking by him while he was injured and will repay that faith this year. He is too good to drop down and at the end of the day Peterborough could probably not even afford him. He will sign a new contract before the end of November.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
He is still playing with 100% effort as always and shows no signs of sulking or wanting out! I think he knows he owes the club for sticking by him while he was injured and will repay that faith this year. He is too good to drop down and at the end of the day Peterborough could probably not even afford him. He will sign a new contract before the end of November.

Agree with this. So he's not perfect, but I think he will work well under Sami's new system, will score goals and I think he's committed to the club.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
I'm a little worried about it. He's 30 with a year left on his contract. He'll be on a decent wage and his agent will no doubt be trying to get him more money and a reasonable extension (at least 2 years, I would guess 3).

I'm not convinced we will want to offer him that sort of deal, so maybe we'll look to recoup some money on him whilst we still can. I'm not sure how Peterborough would be able to afford his wages mind, as presumably he'd want to match his current guaranteed wage for the next 10 months.

It would be very disappointing to lose him at this stage but it wouldn't come as a total shock to me.

A good analysis. I would like him to stay partly as I am curious to see what he might achieve for us in the new set up. Also he has a great attitude. And I would like to see him succeed with us. However if he does go I hope it would involve bringing in a replacement striker to maintain the options. Someone with height or Vossen would appeal. Or has he gone to Middlesborough already?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
CMS and lardass journeyman O'Grady may as well leave now, they've no future here :wave:

Actually you have made one good point there. How must O Grady feel right now.

Fourth best striker, couldn't even get on the bench on Saturday. I wonder if someone might make a cheeky bid for him?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here