Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Minutes applause for PIPKIN 112 on 52nd minute tomorrow

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I didn't have the pleasure of knowing Pipkin 112 personally but always enjoyed his contributions on here.

I reckon he would have liked that.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Very happy moment (Minute!). Didn't know him by name but I used to sit a couple of rows behind. Anyone would've been proud of that!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Just mentioned over the tannoy at the Amex.

Really? Didn't have anything in the corner of the ground (we didn't get decent wifi either :censored:) so confused a few people around us when gaps of people started spontaneously clapping

but :clap:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Really? Didn't have anything in the corner of the ground (we didn't get decent wifi either :censored:) so confused a few people around us when gaps of people started spontaneously clapping

but :clap:

Can't believe this. Looked to me like virtually the whole ground joined in, including as has been posted already, the Owls fans, huge credit to them for that. Great moment and well done to the club for putting it over the tannoy too.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
I must admit to having a tear whilst clapping. Thought it was brilliant. RIP Phil x

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
Thank you so much to everyone who joined in with the clapping today. I was unsure of whether I would go the game but having seen the posts of Facebook and Twitter spurred me on to go with my Dad. I admit that it was a bitter sweet moment and one that bought tears to my eyes. Phil would have been amazed, just how I was, that so so many people including the away supporters who joined in.

Thank you also to all those that came to the service yesterday it was the hardest day of my life. I cant admit to really knowing just how many people were in the room when I walked in, but without sounding corny, I could draw on the strength of all the love being given by you all. Whilst Phil's life has been cut way too short, he had a happy life and we experienced so many things together, hopefully the photos shown on the screens projected that.

I'd also like to thank all the staff at Ian Hart's Funeral Service, but especially to Jane who has been a tower of strength to me - I really don't know how I would have been able to make all the arrangements to bring him home, Jane took all this responsibility and worry away from me. Ian did a truly fantastic job in reading my Eulogy of Phil's life. In a strange way I 'enjoyed' the service - it was all about my beloved Pips and just the sheer number of people showed what a truly fantastic man he was.

This will be the last post, I will pop back into NSC but under my own account, so to you all once again, thank you. xx

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
It was a pleasure to join in, applauding one of our own. RIP Pipkin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here