Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hoskins

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
1 goal being the third goal against Cardiff in a 3-1, if he hadn't had scored then Cardiff may have got an equaliser, also scored the second in a 2-0 win against Newcastle, it's hardly his fault he's had bad luck with injuries.

What a load of rubbish. So as soon as Hoskins scored Cardiff gave up and didn't bother attacking!

Worst and most expensive signing ever in the history of the club.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Quite. Gently pressing the accelerator pedal in a car for an hour or so is just as strenuous as running around a football pitch competing with young professional players for 90 minutes.

Was he actually driving his hairdressers car or maybe just a turn of speech and he was a passenger being driven.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
panic buy on the strength of scoring twice against a poor Albion defence. Injury prone at Bristol Rovers. Not his fault that we shelled out lots of cash for him.

Complete bollox. Poyet made an early move for him in June as he was obviously impressed by him and not a last day deadline signing.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The fact that he's been rested from a relatively unimportant game as a precaution indicates that he's impressed OG enough to feature in his plans for the remainder of the season.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Not at all. We were looking at him pre-Murray (Dick Knight's book), and wanted him the January before we got him. 43 games in two years for Brizzle, so not that injury prone. Can't remember the defence that night but doubt it was that bad

So in other words, all that Timbha posted was made up.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Precaution against what??? Scoring a goal or actually getting though a game with putting himself out for another 12 mths???...lol.....Christ on a bike, I do feel sorry for the fella, but his record since we bought him really takes the piss.

Agree - we need to unload him in the summer - A Lge 1 player when fit

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
OR, and this may be crazy talk, there are several people who don't think he's Messi, or worse than Mark McCammon, but think he's a decent footballer that's had some shite luck and would like to see him get an opportunity to prove himself.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
OR, and this may be crazy talk, there are several people who don't think he's Messi, or worse than Mark McCammon, but think he's a decent footballer that's had some shite luck and would like to see him get an opportunity to prove himself.

none of that silly talk far too sensible

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
I've got a slight hamstring strain but will be available to put a full shift in at work tomorrow. And I'm on my feet all day

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
What a load of rubbish. So as soon as Hoskins scored Cardiff gave up and didn't bother attacking!

Worst and most expensive signing ever in the history of the club.

You say that Cardiff gave up attacking? But they scored after Hoskins had?

God some people on here have never ever played a decent level of sport, he has a tight hamstring - its what happens to every sportsperson, why risk him getting injured when a tight hammy goes with a little rest and treatment with any good level physio.

I swear some people just moan as they have nothing better to do with their lives.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I feel sorry for him, as this was really his last chance of fulfilling the dream of being a pro footballer.
He is not at fault for the injuries and has shown that he really wants to play.
He probably has enough problems on his mind without some on here adding to them.
If this all goes pear shaped, it's over forever for him and he will have to settle with being a regular person, like us.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
CMS played a couple of DS games, then got a groin tear. I don't recall him being slated as badly as Hoskins even though he's had nearly as many injuries in the last 18 months.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I can't see him dodging the issue of returning as some may imply on here, having been out for a year and yes even with quality physiotherapy and lots of attention his body will need to get used to the intensity of training and playing. he sat behind us about six weeks ago and at half time climbed over the seats and left. That's quite different from a full on effort on the pitch. he is a professional athlete at the end of the day and if he is not in 100% condition he won't play. He needs to get playing for his own sake otherwise his career as a professional football will take a nosedive into the lower reaches of football. Of course when he and CMS return there will be a massive expectation on them to score lots of goals, the failure of which will result on another round of character assassination on here.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The two major injuries that have restricted his appearances for us were a broken foot as a result of a Gary Dicker challenge in training and ruptured knee ligaments in a game that required surgery. When returning from a long spell off niggly muscle problems are part of the process of getting your body fit again for first team action. How any of this is the players fault is beyond me and some of the comments on here criticising Hoskins for these injuries are bordering on ridiculous.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
The two major injuries that have restricted his appearances for us were a broken foot as a result of a Gary Dicker challenge in training and ruptured knee ligaments in a game that required surgery. When returning from a long spell off niggly muscle problems are part of the process of getting your body fit again for first team action. How any of this is the players fault is beyond me and some of the comments on here criticising Hoskins for these injuries are bordering on ridiculous.

This

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here