Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia - "You don't know what you're doing"?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I thought Poyet had experience as a number two at Leeds and Swindon? Then in the Premier league?
He knows a lot about English football and players over here. Garcia was a gamble granted and a very good gamble that paid off.

Ah, that is true. However, what is this mythical thing (for want of a better word) that is a must for managers?

It's a highly competitive league. You do your homework and set up your team to beat the other one. What else do you need?

There's always talk of getting an experienced manager to come in, someone who knows the divison inside out. This is just any other division, albeit extremely brutal. Old heads are more likely to have successes on their CVs as they are still managing and have been around long enough to win AND lose at this level.

Do you need to be a 50 something Brit to conquer the Championship or do you need the right tools in place?

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I think this could be a similar transition period you know, needing players and a change of system.... Time will tell?!

It's the sheer modern day impatience of the fans I find sickening too.

Just judge SH at the end of the season

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
We need someone with top-tier playing experience, overseas connections, and managerial experience at the top tier, preferably in the English game.
But passion, above all, passion. Because being demonstrative on the touchline is the most important thing.
The answer was right there, in plain sight, all the time.

paulo-di-canio-sunderland-manager-unveiled_2923459.jpg

A total absence of sanity, of man-management skills, or a firm grasp on the fact that WWII is over are all negotiable.

It's all about the affect. Managerial affect wins championships.

Ha ha, very good although I think some of your post is equally applicable to the more rabid posters on here!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
He's clueless I'm afraid no idea what it's about in this Division.
Sacked from his last job after losing the last 11 games ,

seeing as the two league games prior to his last were a draw and a win, your information is wrong and your further input is quesiontable value.

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
Even more worrying is what Mark Yates said(read my sig)

11 straight losses before getting the boot in previous job, rubbish pre season and 2 league defeats reminds me of what Albert Einstein said about the definition of insanity.......... "Doing the same things over and over again but expecting different results"

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
If people are ready to write a player off after only a couple of appearances then they know **** all about football.

Ha ha ha ha !!! Oh dear !!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Has this ever been chanted at a new manager after only 2 league games like it was rather loudly today after he somehow made the decision to take off CMS. Was one of the loudest chants of the afternoon, seems some fans are already restless with the awful football played in the opening two league games.

I think he knows what he is doing

its the others that worry me

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
11 straight losses before getting the boot in previous job...

again, this isnt true. where does this 11 run of losses come from? previous week to his sacking he had a draw and a win.

PlumbBob

Aug 15, 2014
Has this ever been chanted at a new manager after only 2 league games like it was rather loudly today after he somehow made the decision to take off CMS. Was one of the loudest chants of the afternoon, seems some fans are already restless with the awful football played in the opening two league games.

We have started the season on a bad note we all know it, but you can't judge the season over 2 games, the end of this transfer window or the January transfer window you have to make judgement at the end of seasons play.
Then whatever the outcome you can only blame or praise the man at the top, he appoints the people below him & they employ the people below them.
All we can hope for is that if he gets it wrong this year he will learn a valuable lesson & do it right next year.
But for people who think that he hasn't got the clubs interests at heart (ref other threads) what reason could he possibly have to be otherwise.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
If people are ready to write a player off after only a couple of appearances then they know **** all about football.
We had a shocking player on loan from Liverpool(Neal?) who had a horrendous debut and was written off after just 1 game i believe. It does happen i'm Afraid.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I will start to feel uneasy if a-we have not signed at least 5 more players before the end of the month or b-we are in the bottom 3 come the start of October..

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Who did the retained list. Poyet was sacked in part for not doing it. Burke did it then. The retained list was the start of this debacle.

Orlandi not in the squad for Blackpool.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The wing-back system did not work very well for Man United today. I don't like it.

I am strongly in favour of 4-3-3 (just one winger*) with a strong side (or weaker opponents) or 4-4-2 with a weaker side. I think the side should be able to switch between the two.

The main problem with 4-3-3 is the player in the centre of midfield has to be good. (* two wingers can play, but one has play more centrally, or they can take turns.)

Change the basic shape and the players have not got the intuition of where the other players are.

We do not seem to fare well against pressing teams. We are meant to be able to play our way of this by keeping possession.

Up until last season (with all the injuries) I thought a 23 man squad should be enough. That means just three more players, which is OK by me if they are good enough.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Hyppia didn't even do an interview for the FLS tonight !
Just about sums it up really.
That's just wrong in everyway.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here