Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton should stay for years, regardless.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Can't agree.........Definitely won't be in bottom 3 but mid table is pushing it a bit but definitely no cup run. Staying up will be the target for the first season. That's my thoughts anyhow

Agree. 4th from bottom would be a success for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
It does depend a little on how much Tony invests this summer. We might be sensible with the cash which makes staying up a challenge, but then we go again if relegated - but if he spends a lot, he we might need to stay up. I imagine it will be the former.
It has taken us 30+ years to get to the PL and I just hope that CH and TB arrange a budget suitable for both of them, because the fans expect much higher than what will be on offer. I just hope we spend wisely and stay up.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Agree and my guess is that Tony will agree, we should stick with Chris and he should stick with us long term.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It has taken us 30+ years to get to the PL and I just hope that CH and TB arrange a budget suitable for both of them, because the fans expect much higher than what will be on offer.
Why do you think the fans will expect so much?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If we were to come straight back down please don't give CH any flack. Understand where he has taken us from and to. He is total class. Give him time and trust him. Make this his club.

Yes we should but...remember Ranieri. There are no free rides in football, you are only as good as your last game etc etc.

You get the feeling he has taken us as far as he can,after promotion it seems to be going down hill,the Norwich game was pretty poor,if we are going to push for European spot then we need a big manager that has a proven record at that level,if you are not going forward then you are going backwards. We need to act like a top club if we are to flourish in the the premiere:moo::glare:

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I hope he is here for at least a decade. He is highly respected within the game and interestingly the top 8 clubs in the championship did not change their manager this season which is a good argument for continuity.The risk arises if we adopt the Middlesbrough model and sink without a trace as opposed to the Blackpool model where we play with heart and soul but still ultimately get relegated. Obviously the best solution would not to be relegated but whether he stayed would depend on performance more than the end result

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I can see CH getting the England job, some time.. but not too soon, please!

I did suggest to Aisha would her Father be interested in The Republic of Ireland job if it came up in a few years and the time was right for him. She said he wouldn't be interested in taking an international job.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
You get the feeling he has taken us as far as he can,after promotion it seems to be going down hill,the Norwich game was pretty poor,if we are going to push for European spot then we need a big manager that has a proven record at that level,if you are not going forward then you are going backwards. We need to act like a top club if we are to flourish in the the premiere:moo::glare:

Very,very poor fishing attempt.:fishing::fishing::fishing::fishing:

You really need to up your game now we are Premier League, or, I'm afraid, you may not be everybodies favourite troll anymore.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
If we were to come straight back down please don't give CH any flack. Understand where he has taken us from and to. He is total class. Give him time and trust him. Make this his club.

I think we,having looked at Burnley as a guide,should adopt their route,it took them 5 years th first time to get back up,2nd time they stuck with the manager and came straight back,the players will learn but in order to make it happen,we will at some stage need some younger players in the side in areas..

The one person who could take us up if we fail,we should keep....

Yes agree...

Very,very poor fishing attempt.:fishing::fishing::fishing::fishing:

You really need to up your game now we are Premier League, or, I'm afraid, you may not be everybodies favourite troll anymore.

Not really fishing just a glimpse into a possible future,you really should know the difference by now:moo: Football fans are fickle beasts and we could well go down the Charlton route of lets sack the manager and push into Europe.Lets hope that the club have forged something special that will help us flourish with the big fish.:fishing:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Not really fishing just a glimpse into a possible future,you really should know the difference by now:moo: Football fans are fickle beasts and we could well go down the Charlton route of lets sack the manager and push into Europe.Lets hope that the club have forged something special that will help us flourish with the big fish.:fishing:

Not really fishing??

Really.

Okay mate.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Completely agree with the OP. I would hate us to become one of those clubs that jettisons the manager that's taken them up. Hughton has done a remarkable job here and deserves some loyalty from the club. Even if we go straight back down, I'd want him as the man to lead our challenge for promotion again (this time with a juicy parachute payment to help out).

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Completely agree with the OP. I would hate us to become one of those clubs that jettisons the manager that's taken them up. Hughton has done a remarkable job here and deserves some loyalty from the club. Even if we go straight back down, I'd want him as the man to lead our challenge for promotion again (this time with a juicy parachute payment to help out).

Notwithstanding this, there'll be "Houghton Out!" thread-polls on here before the leaves fall.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here