Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket for final two home games.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Just managed to get one in West Stand Lower after about a million refreshes over the last month....hooray I can now book my flight tickets

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
The annoying thing about the ticket exchange for me personally, and I know this is obviously selfish, but they give you a shop voucher if they re-sell your ticket. However, you can only spend the voucher instore and not online, and it is only valid for a month. So, in my case, I can't get to a lot of games because I live in the North East - therefore giving me a voucher that I have to come down to Brighton to use is basically pointless. If I could make it down to spend the voucher, I would be coming to the game. Therefore, my incentive to take the effort to re-list my seat is pretty minimal. Make it a voucher that can be spent online and that would make my life easier. Slightly moot point though, as I've been able to make Wigan and Bristol City.

Something for them to look at for next year, maybe.

Sorry to sound a bit mean but, you have a season ticket, are unlikely to make it down within a month of offering ticket. Begs the question why have you got a season ticket. I'm sure there is a perfectly good reason, but if you are not using your seat, perhaps you could offer it anyway. Using the excuse that you might not be able to use the voucher as a reason for denying someone else the opportunity of seeing the game does sound a trifle petty.

Hopefully I have grasped the wrong end of the stick

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Are we still expecting Bristol City returns for the final game?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
They just need to bother to promote the season ticket exchange. The link for both Bristol and Wigan has been hidden away on a part of the website you would not find unless you wanted to BUY a ticket..

This. I had a spare ticket for Wigan but couldn't find any way to put the ticket on the ticket exchange: I clicked on several sections and none offered a way to resell. In the end, I mentioned it on NSC and got rid of it that way.

However, that engendered a call from someone at the club warning me that I was breaking the law in offering my ticket and say that they've put a note beside my name in case I tried it again. I'm probably going to have a spare ticket for Bristol but if I can't pass it on, the seat will have to stay empty.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
This. I had a spare ticket for Wigan but couldn't find any way to put the ticket on the ticket exchange: I clicked on several sections and none offered a way to resell. In the end, I mentioned it on NSC and got rid of it that way.

However, that engendered a call from someone at the club warning me that I was breaking the law in offering my ticket and say that they've put a note beside my name in case I tried it again. I'm probably going to have a spare ticket for Bristol but if I can't pass it on, the seat will have to stay empty.

So, they tracked you down from a post on NSC? Bit concerning.

I hope you explained you'd tried to use the TE.

PG

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016

PG

Isn't there a community board item called home tickets wanted. If you can't sell then what purpose does that thread serve?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

PG

Yes, they said that they monitor social media all the time. I did point out that I had nothing to hide as I wasn't trying to make any money on it, just trying to help a fan out but that was no excuse apparently.

They said I couldn't use TE as it was the morning of the match but I didn't have a spare ticket the day before - my daughter decided that morning that she didn't fancy it. She's currently planning on coming to Brizzle but could well pull out on the morning but this time round, I won't try to get rid of it

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Yes, they said that they monitor social media all the time. I did point out that I had nothing to hide as I wasn't trying to make any money on it, just trying to help a fan out but that was no excuse apparently.

They said I couldn't use TE as it was the morning of the match but I didn't have a spare ticket the day before - my daughter decided that morning that she didn't fancy it. She's currently planning on coming to Brizzle but could well pull out on the morning but this time round, I won't try to get rid of it

Did you put your mobile no on the post? I don't see how else they can trace you from a post on NSC.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Did you put your mobile no on the post? I don't see how else they can trace you from a post on NSC.

That was my thought as well

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
His twitter handle perhaps?

No, they were monitoring transactions and saw that I'd upgraded to an adult ticket - the twitter handle was confirmation though (although my twitter handle is not in the name I use for financial transactions, he surname was enough).

I pointed out that I was trying to be secretive as I wasn't making any money on the deal

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
No, they were monitoring transactions and saw that I'd upgraded to an adult ticket - the twitter handle was confirmation though (although my twitter handle is not in the name I use for financial transactions, he surname was enough).

I pointed out that I was trying to be secretive as I wasn't making any money on the deal

Worrying about nothing i feel. Do they have your photo pinned up somewhere? How can they the club monitor private messages ?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Sorry to sound a bit mean but, you have a season ticket, are unlikely to make it down within a month of offering ticket. Begs the question why have you got a season ticket. I'm sure there is a perfectly good reason, but if you are not using your seat, perhaps you could offer it anyway. Using the excuse that you might not be able to use the voucher as a reason for denying someone else the opportunity of seeing the game does sound a trifle petty.

To be honest, if I lived far away but could easily afford a season ticket to ensure I could get to as many games as I could but not necessarily all of them then I would do it.

With regard to the vouchers, I see your point but surely it is up to the club to do enough to entice absent STH to list their tickets. The vouchers are obviously not enough, especially with the stupid restrictions relating to not using them online and the time frame.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

Nope, you've got the right end of the stick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here