Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The ***Still not back from Reading*** Thread

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Probably do it quicker....I drove to Middlesbro and back last season in same day and never got stuck once

I'm staying over. I drove to the South of France in one pop 25 years ago. I broke the journey after that.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
We drove the country A roads yesterday , we went Petworth , Farnham , Bracknell and Reading no hassle at all ,we were back by 7 o'clock . We parked in car park just pass the complex for £7 and drove straight out .

Blame Stagecoach as they RUN that line you DULLARD

Guard on the 10.58 SWT service from Guildford this morning announced the following as the train left the station:
"In the words of Lionel Ritchie - if it's me you're looking for I will be in the middle of the train. I look like Angelina Jolie - on a bad day - at a distance of about 30ft without your glasses on".
and as the train came into Clapham Junction:
"Change here for pretty much everywhere. Centre of the universe and, if you can find a wardrobe, even Narnia"

ChazzyBHA

Dec 27, 2011
How come it took 7 hours Chaz? We got the 19:38 (ish) from Reading to Gatwick. Then the 21:02 from Gatwick to Brighton. I was home and snuggled up with a cuppa by 10pm!!

P.S. I love your pre-match videos. Thank you!

Thanks!

We took the other route from Reading to Clapham, then from Clapham to Brighton, stopping at Burgess Hill. We got the train to Clapham Junction at around 6:45, and the train was brought to a stop at Sunningdale. Someone had jumped on the line at Egham, which brought the whole line to a stand still for 3 hours. The trains started running around 9:45 again, and then we were informed the train that we were on would not be stopping at Clapham anymore and would terminate at Staines.

We were informed that there would be trains to Clapham within the next 5 minutes from Staines. After standing at Staines station for around 30 minutes, there was still no sign of any trains to Clapham. We were then told by staff to catch a train to Waterloo, to then come back on ourselves to Clapham, which we ended up doing! We arrived in Clapham at 10:40, just in time to catch the 10:50 train to Brighton. So we ended up in Burgess Hill at around 11:35.

It was a shambles :glare:

But the 20+ Albion fans we were with did enjoy bumping into a Palace fan with "Murray" on the back of his shirt :lolol:

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Guard on the 10.58 SWT service from Guildford this morning announced the following as the train left the station:
"In the words of Lionel Ritchie - if it's me you're looking for I will be in the middle of the train. I look like Angelina Jolie - on a bad day - at a distance of about 30ft without your glasses on".
and as the train came into Clapham Junction:
"Change here for pretty much everywhere. Centre of the universe and, if you can find a wardrobe, even Narnia"

It's funny the 1st time you hear her speech,but at least she has a laugh and a joke with passengers.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Thanks!

We took the other route from Reading to Clapham, then from Clapham to Brighton, stopping at Burgess Hill. We got the train to Clapham Junction at around 6:45, and the train was brought to a stop at Sunningdale. Someone had jumped on the line at Egham, which brought the whole line to a stand still for 3 hours. The trains started running around 9:45 again, and then we were informed the train that we were on would not be stopping at Clapham anymore and would terminate at Staines.

We were informed that there would be trains to Clapham within the next 5 minutes from Staines. After standing at Staines station for around 30 minutes, there was still no sign of any trains to Clapham. We were then told by staff to catch a train to Waterloo, to then come back on ourselves to Clapham, which we ended up doing! We arrived in Clapham at 10:40, just in time to catch the 10:50 train to Brighton. So we ended up in Burgess Hill at around 11:35.

It was a shambles :glare:

But the 20+ Albion fans we were with did enjoy bumping into a Palace fan with "Murray" on the back of his shirt :lolol:

My dad was on the train that had just gotten into Egham; he was told the fella who ended up on the line had had a stroke / heart attack or something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here