Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Roberts is our friend...........

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Released today after 48, yes 48, years for killing 3 unarmed policeman (makes me ashamed for dining the song as a kid, although I did not really understand it at the time).

Although I do believe that a life sentence should mean life, it really does show the change in attitudes to crime in the modern day. Would anyone even get sentenced to 48 years nowadays?

In 2008, Steve Wright the Suffolk Strangler was sentenced to life with a whole life tariff. I am sure there have been other similar whole life or long tariffs.

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
I still think the same about some of the songs sung now - even the other night, there was a loud chorus of "shoot the Palace scum" - it made me cringe to see kids singing along with that.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
You're all bloody JCL's. Don't you remember the 2nd verse?

Let him out to kill some more, kill some more, kill some more. And it was 'mate' not friend. Awful song I could never bring myself to sing.

Twas one of my hooligan thug brothers favourite songs who has just retired after 25 years service. In the Police force.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Harry Roberts is our friend, is our friend, is our friend. Harry Roberts is our friend, he kills coppers. Let him out to kill some more, kill some more, kill some more, let him out to kill some more, Harry Roberts! Sung to tune of London Bridge Is Falling Down. I last heard this appalling chant coming from, yes you've guessed it, Millwall fans some years ago at Withdean. Says it all really.

Definitely still part of Millwall's repertoire

theyellowdinosaur

Nov 29, 2011
Whilst obviously those 3 coppers didn't deserve to die, the fact that Theresa May is in such an uproar about him not doing life when their are people who have committed equally atrocious crimes who have got nothing compared to 48 years, but because it was coppers who died they seem to think that its more important than the other cases

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I'm surprised he's been released was recently working on day release at a farm where 2 pigs were killed no one was charged but a bit of a coincidence

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
that's because you haven't got any, YOU'RE ANOTHER ONE LIKE SE20:thumbsup: defo friend in these parts.
regards
DR

image.jpg

paul & shark

Sep 17, 2013
About time he got out, 15 years over rec

Probably ill health, hope he can enjoy he last few years/months on the out

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
The man has spent 40 odd years in prison and what do we do to him in his later years....... put Max Clifford in the same nick. I'd say he's done his time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here