Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aleksandar Mitrovic

Jul 7, 2003
Still don't think this transfer will happen but if it does, I reckon this is how the pantomime will play out:

Rafa is playing games with the Toon fans as the hard done by manager - no matter how much truth there is in that, he will play it for all he is worth.

By going to the press and making comments about now selling to a PL rival, if Ashley goes over his head and insists that a squad player is sold in order to bring in the other players Rafa says he needs, then Rafa doesn't lose face with the fans over Mitrovic and Ashley continues to be the bad guy.

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
If we sign Ulloa on loan I doubt whether we will be buying Mitrovic.

Poor Rafa won't then have enough cash to buy a new striker for £15m to £20m. He will be shopping for shrimps rather than crab, as the Swansea manager would say!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If we sign Ulloa on loan I doubt whether we will be buying Mitrovic.

Poor Rafa won't then have enough cash to buy a new striker for £15m to £20m. He will be shopping for shrimps rather than crab, as the Swansea manager would say!

This. Our ‘slow striker’ pool will be well and truly fully stocked.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I think that the folks up at Newcastle may just about be clever enough to work out that ruse, don't you?

bpQ4K.gif

mikebha1963

May 13, 2014
An attacking midfielder a defensive midfielder and cenre half would be good now. Money spare me thinks ujoa loan spares up the cash I hope

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
He is injured with back injury

Fit according to the local rag up there

Aleksandar Mitrovic could miss out on Newcastle United’s FA Cup clash at Chelsea this weekend.

The Serbian international striker has been linked with a move to Brighton this week with West Bromwich Albion also keen on his signature, while Mitrovic’s agent has also been searching for a new club for him throughout the window.

Benitez is concerned about any of his players who aren’t focused on the job in hand at Chelsea and could look at other options in attack.

Mitrovic is fit again but Benitez said ahead of the game: “Some players are thinking to leave now because they want to play or go to the World Cup or whatever.

“Everybody has their own idea and priority.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spo...ewcastle-striker-aleksandar-mitrovic-14211003

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Fit according to the local rag up there

Aleksandar Mitrovic could miss out on Newcastle United’s FA Cup clash at Chelsea this weekend.

The Serbian international striker has been linked with a move to Brighton this week with West Bromwich Albion also keen on his signature, while Mitrovic’s agent has also been searching for a new club for him throughout the window.

Benitez is concerned about any of his players who aren’t focused on the job in hand at Chelsea and could look at other options in attack.

Mitrovic is fit again but Benitez said ahead of the game: “Some players are thinking to leave now because they want to play or go to the World Cup or whatever.

“Everybody has their own idea and priority.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spo...ewcastle-striker-aleksandar-mitrovic-14211003

Fit and not on the bench? If true, interesting news for us. I doubt the NUFC board will want to keep a few million pounds sat in the reserves doing nothing, no matter what Rafa says.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here