Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Turkey v England - delayed tv coverage

Reading Posh

Sophisticated rhetorician
Jul 8, 2003
Off M4 J11
"ITV have won the rights to show delayed coverage on England's match in Turkey on October 11.

The channel can show full delayed coverage or highlights at any time following the final whistle of the game in Istanbul after Sky accepted a cash offer.

Brian Barwick, ITV'S controller of sport, said: "We're delighted to be able to provide terrestrial viewers with the opportunity to watch coverage of such a key England match and play our part in ensuring that as many viewers see it as possible."

ITV will confirm transmission times later this week."

Is anyone going to watch a 'live' game beamed with a time delay? Just curious.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I thinks it's barmy not being on terrestrial as it's being played. I feel the government and Police should step in advising that it will cause far to much trouble and violence in town centres by the increased numbers in the pubs.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
err no.....Not a bloody chance.....I'm down the pub with a pint in my hand. especially as I need to stay sober for our game so I can get back in enough time for kick off.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Tony Blair would not risk upsetting his friend Rupert Murdoch by inisting that it is shown live on terrestial

afc womble

Jul 5, 2003
still dont see how showing it an terrestial will stop the (inevitable) crowd trouble in turkey ???

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
To be honest it's all irrelavant anyway as come full time we'll have been kicked out of Euro 2004 for the amount of trouble caused and Turkey will get off scot free.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
all day session for me:

Carrats (Carrotts whatever) Cafe on Southwick Beach (Over the lock gates by the power station) for a full english. Onto Waves (called La Cala but I like the original name) for a couple, probably watch the match in the Cricketers and obviously continue drinking. Then if we stuff 'em 5-0.....watch the repeated 'Live' match whilst consuming yet more alchohol.....what a marvelous day! (unless we loose)

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If England win, the viewing figures are bound to be good anyway because a lot of people will watch the match again. Plus, there are a lot of people - old codgers etc - who don't have Sky or the desire to watch the match in a bar full of pissed up lads.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Right, thats sorted then.
I was all set to fly out to Turkey, go to the match, crack some Turkish heads and chuck some chairs through a few pub windows in Istanbul city centre.

Now I know that there's delayed coverage on ITV though, I think I'll stay home with a nice cup of tea and a packet of crisps instead, and watch the excellent coverage on terrestrial TV.

That Richard Cabourne really knows how to stop us hooligans, eh ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here