Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Shane in the news again!

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
well before anyone gets outraged on my behalf (gay man here), this is from 2011 when he was a teenager. I am not offended, outraged or suffering from PTSD because of some juvenile tweets by a not very sharp footballer. And I also think Rylan shouldn't be on TV, not because of his sexuality but because of his complete lack of talent . I am fed up with people telling ME what I should be outraged about, I am quite capable of making up my own mind and don't need anyone to do it for me. I cant believe there is a single person who hasn't posted, said, something which years later couldn't be hauled up as offensive to someone. Why do we need people going back over years worth of posts trying to find something to make a "news story" out of when there are plenty of things happening now that are much more important

I’m outraged that you’re not outraged 😁

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I don’t think that it is a coincidence that this has emerged after he started seeing Katie Price. Journalists will have been digging to find something. In the past, sort of thing misguided teenagers say. Move on.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
well before anyone gets outraged on my behalf (gay man here), this is from 2011 when he was a teenager. I am not offended, outraged or suffering from PTSD because of some juvenile tweets by a not very sharp footballer. And I also think Rylan shouldn't be on TV, not because of his sexuality but because of his complete lack of talent . I am fed up with people telling ME what I should be outraged about, I am quite capable of making up my own mind and don't need anyone to do it for me. I cant believe there is a single person who hasn't posted, said, something which years later couldn't be hauled up as offensive to someone. Why do we need people going back over years worth of posts trying to find something to make a "news story" out of when there are plenty of things happening now that are much more important
All of this.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Tatchell says "He does play for a team in one of the most gay cities in Britain, and his team is regularly subjected to homophobic abuse by fans from rival team so you would think Shane… would be very firm in opposing prejudice of any kind, and want to stand with his team mates and the LGBT community in Brighton against homophobia."

HE MADE THE TWEETS BEFORE HE PLAYED FOR BRIGHTON YOU DUNDERHEAD!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
you'd have thought Tatchell might have checked on the story before offering his opinion.

Ha, have you not heard never let facts get in the way of a story.

Regarding Duffy, young, naive, foolish. we have all done and said things we are embarrassed about, I’m prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt on this, more so than his previous comments regarding a murderer.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Calling Rylan a thing isn’t homophobic. He was a proper ****wit on xfactor and deliberately over the top - was pathetic - nothing to do with sexuality?!. As for the other tweet - I’m not sure what it was?

Either way, long before us and poor for the press to draw BHA into it. Irrelevant. Slow news day...

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Like an earlier poster, I think if the best you've got as a journalist is to trawl though years-old tweets of footballers hoping to catch them out, you're not very good at what you do. A trained monkey could do it, and it all smacks of desperate and poor.

But we are also seeing the classic rose-tinted 'When it's one of ours' response from some people here. Andre Gray, in similar circumstances over past tweets, got banned for four matches in 2016 and if I remember rightly he got a lot less sympathy on that occasion on NSC.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
He plays for us. I hope he plays well for as long as he's here, but the fella is a scumbag.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just shows that he should have walked away from Twitter years ago.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I don’t think that it is a coincidence that this has emerged after he started seeing Katie Price. Journalists will have been digging to find something. In the past, sort of thing misguided teenagers say. Move on.

The minute anyone, and I mean anyone, starts seeing Katie Price they have to be aware that some YTS trainee at News International will be given the brief..."find out every dirty little secret you can about this bloke...that'll keep the presses at "Closer" and "take a break" hot for months to come".

Anyone who knows anything about footballers knows that casual homophobia and references to "gayness" in relation to male grooming, dressing nicely or wearing after shave is the norm rather than the exception.

All of this muck raked over just to shag Katie Price. She definitely isn't worth it.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
And, as for pro IRA tweets...I reckon that Irish people can do what they want in that regard. At least he is personally invested in the United Ireland debate.

It's not like he's the leader of the Labour Party...oh, hang on...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Like an earlier poster, I think if the best you've got as a journalist is to trawl though years-old tweets of footballers hoping to catch them out, you're not very good at what you do. A trained monkey could do it, and it all smacks of desperate and poor.

But we are also seeing the classic rose-tinted 'When it's one of ours' response from some people here. Andre Gray, in similar circumstances over past tweets, got banned for four matches in 2016 and if I remember rightly he got a lot less sympathy on that occasion on NSC.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...0-fine-for-Twitter-posts&highlight=Andre+Gray

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here