[News] £100m Government Plan To End Rough Sleeping

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Seriously?

I remember you telling the board how an unemployed family family with five children is likely to be living in a hostel with only enough money to share a can of soup, I showed you that they are more than likely be in receipt of £35 000 of annual benefits, you chose not to use the benefit calculator and ran away from the discussion and now you say you are on the 'frontline', really.

Go ahead ....

https://benefits-calculator.turn2us.org.uk/AboutYou

I genuinely don't remember the discussion. In any case there are many variables in many situations. Being entitled to benefits and receiving them are two different things. Receiving benefits and having the capacity to spend them appropriately are two different things...It goes on. Anyway, I am absolutely nothing to do with benefits or their distribution.

D

Deleted member 22389

It should be solved I agree. It is damming to everyone who has been in power that it still exists. Hopefully the current lot will sort it out. I am just not getting excited by a meaningless soundbite as they barely ever happen. If and when they do it I will dish out some praise.

Life isn't perfect, never has been, and never will.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If and when they do it I will dish out some praise.

You only have to wait 9 years to find out; assuming they come in on time.

Pudos

Aug 18, 2015
You have to get to these poor people as children. That’s when the damage is done . More money for social services and child protection.

Worked directly in this for many years now, to me its more money direction than budget. People/staff who work with the most challenging and damaged children are frequently seen as bottom of the social service pile and not paid enough to attract enough young qualified people into the profession. Worrying age gap appearing. Many in the social work spectrum are paid far more but due to caseload are mainly office based and become distant from the real issues and behaviour

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Homelessness has exploded under this Tory government. It is extremely visible, I have never known so many people on the streets.

This government knows full well what they are doing. This 2027 target will not be met, and they will blame it on the opposition, and people will believe them. Why not set a target of 2022 instead?

£100m is a pittance compared to what they have cut from our services which is directly responsible for this increase in homelessness. Utterly disgraceful, and people will still be convinced by this.

100% This.

A shocking piece of tinsel policy that attempts to make the government look caring.

i once tried to help an old school friend who had drifted into homelessness but it was mentally draining - his mother had dis-associated with him as she could not handle his schizophrenia (genuine). Despite his background i couldn't trust him with his own door key and despite allowing him regular access to have a bath he slowly deteriorated. As a working person i had my own family and responsibilities to deal with and couldnt offer him a permanent home.. I found out a couple of years ago that after 8 years on the street he had died from pneumonia and malnutrition Ironically, i think that this was partly due to him not being one of those so called lay-about beggars and who was too ashamed to beg and too much of a decent human being to steal.

I only hope that there are enough caring people about to plug the gap which the government has for too long failed to fill to ensure i never have to personally hear of another human dying like that again..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here