Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Worst Window

Worst Window

• Total voters

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Did Newcastle sign anyone except Rondon?
Ki Sung Yung, Dubrovka signed permanently and Kenedy on loan again, Schar, that Japanese striker. They've done it on the cheap but it doesn't actually look that bad imo, for maintaining lower midtable at least

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Ki Sung Yung, Dubrovka signed permanently and Kenedy on loan again, Schar, that Japanese striker. They've done it on the cheap but it doesn't actually look that bad imo, for maintaining lower midtable at least
Yes that's a pretty good window. Kenedy is immense.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
They’ve actually spent less than 10 million on transfer fees, but, they’re not struggling for money, no Sirreee!

We didn't need to spend a fortune on transfer fees because we've spent £150m+ in the last few years. We've managed to sign a couple of extremely promising players on free transfers, added to our depth in midfield and up front, and most importantly we've kept Zaha. A blinding success, I reckon.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
I was thinking Man U because they have fallen further behind their main competition for top spot but in the end I opted for Leicester because they lost their best player.

Great poll tho, had to think long and hard. The only thing I can say for certain is it wasn't Brighton. Lost no-one of critical importance and made what could be some great signings.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Southampton. They sold their most creative player for peanuts, and have not addressed the issues they had from last season. Inngs is a gamble.

Spurs have brought in no one... but what have they lost? Their squad is still fantastic.

Got to be Southampton. Skirted with relegation last season. Not strengthened while 2 of the sides coming up have spent heavily. Spurs and Man Utd have fantastic squads as you've said, they'll fight out the top 6. Southampton for me are gambling on their survival.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We didn't need to spend a fortune on transfer fees because we've spent £150m+ in the last few years. We've managed to sign a couple of extremely promising players on free transfers, added to our depth in midfield and up front, and most importantly we've kept Zaha. A blinding success, I reckon.

Keeping Zaha (unless he gets a long term injury) was the key. You will stay up as a result. Simples.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
For me it was between Spurs and Utd as they are big 6 and unless they are improving their squad then they're going backwards. Utd edge it as Spurs have the excuse, long used by Arsenal, that they are paying for a new stadium.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

If there had been absolutely no question of Zaha leaving, and he had signed his new contract, would you still be as happy?
Or, has Parrish played you all, and, gets away with a not great window and not a lot of criticism?

Honest question.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
For me it was between Spurs and Utd as they are big 6 and unless they are improving their squad then they're going backwards. Utd edge it as Spurs have the excuse, long used by Arsenal, that they are paying for a new stadium.

Where did Spurs need to strengthen and who should they have bought? I admire the youth they bring through to be fair

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Potentially us for best or worst.

If most of them click we could finish 7th.
If most of them stink the place out, we'll be relegated and supporters of other clubs will be justifiably laughing at us.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Keeping Zaha (unless he gets a long term injury) was the key. You will stay up as a result. Simples.

They could still lose him. There were a couple of European teams sniffing around too, and their window isn't closed yet. I don't suppose it will happen, but technically it could. So Palace fans can't sleep easy yet.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Potentially us for best or worst.

If most of them click we could finish 7th.
If most of them stink the place out, we'll be relegated and supporters of other clubs will be justifiably laughing at us.

The ex-PL-player pundits on TalkSport just confidently stated that Brighton, Cardiff and Hudd will be relegated.

Looks like we'll have to prove them wrong all over again.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
The ex-PL-player pundits on TalkSport just confidently stated that Brighton, Cardiff and Hudd will be relegated.

Looks like we'll have to prove them wrong all over again.

Saturday is MASSIVE..

A win there and we're safe...... It's that simple

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here