Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Post-match report - Wolves

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
How bad can it have been when, according to the stats, the home side had one shot on target?

Watching the stream I don't think it was bad but it wasn't good either. Their having one shot on target doesn't make our performance any better than it was.

Couple of things I noted:

1. Inability to realise that their keeper was quite happy to pluck lofted balls out of the air all day long
2. Inability to realise Kaz was having a tough time against Iorfa
3. Without Hemed/Baldock we didn't have much going forward (see #1)

Apart from that it looked to be a pretty average game between two average, on the day, sides.

Murphy did look very lively so that was a positive although he did seem to take one touch too many each time.

So, feh. I thought we'd get a draw today and we did so can't complain too much.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Bad performance away, come away with a point and still top of the League.

It's early but that's Championship promotion form isn't it ?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Bad performance away, come away with a point and still top of the League.

It's early but that's Championship promotion form isn't it ?

Lets hope so. Think at the start of the season and you analysed all the away games we have you could say that we have 2 unexpected victories at Fulham and then Ipswich, on paper we should win at Huddersfield but got a point and many fans would have taken a draw before kick-off today.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thought we were good today, especially in the first 25 minutes. Murphy was a very bright point for us, and him on the wing with Baldock supporting Hemed will be great to watch. We look like genuine promotion contenders this season, with strength in all areas of the pitch, especially defence.

Completely agree. shocked people are saying we were poor. Watched Ipswich v Brum Friday and God we looked so much better. Crisp passing & a fantastic organised shape all game. Bossed the first 25 mins then Wolves came back into it but we were still the better, cleaner team. Dominated them after the sending off (as we should yes, but never a given esp away from home). Only disappointment was we didn't create enough clear cut chances. Look like genuine contenders again based on today... Would've taken a point before hand but shame we couldn't take all three as we deserved them...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Would've taken a point before hand
This attitude has to change sheebo. We want automatic promotion and we're not going to get it by settling for single points, except away to the best opposition.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
This attitude has to change sheebo. We want automatic promotion and we're not going to get it by settling for single points, except away to the best opposition.

I'd say Wolves are a top 10 team. Just watching Kayal & Stephens come away from home and boss it completely yet again made today worthwhile - utter class them 2...!

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Completely agree. shocked people are saying we were poor. Watched Ipswich v Brum Friday and God we looked so much better. Crisp passing & a fantastic organised shape all game. Bossed the first 25 mins then Wolves came back into it but we were still the better, cleaner team. Dominated them after the sending off (as we should yes, but never a given esp away from home). Only disappointment was we didn't create enough clear cut chances. Look like genuine contenders again based on today... Would've taken a point before hand but shame we couldn't take all three as we deserved them...

Watching a stream I would say we created enough enough clear cut chances but our finishing was very poor. On the whole good performance but lacking the killer finish.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Thought the Wolves fans easily made up for Coady after he was sent off - huge noise. If we'd been one up from the 1st half pen I think the floodgates may have opened. But, as Jacket said on BBC WM after, Wolves defended really well, and even better when down to 10.

Simple fact today was we didn't have a key [clue] to unlock them - fair play to Wolves .....

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
No it doesn't. There has to be a limit on how much we'll spend, and Vydra went for way over that limit.

We are doing brilliantly but for me we are missing one up front and today was an example. He fitted the bill and we went for him. Shame, he would have unlocked it today

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Watching a stream I would say we created enough enough clear cut chances but our finishing was very poor. On the whole good performance but lacking the killer finish.

Agreed mate.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
But I think we need more than a point a game average away to mid table teams.

And I'm very happy we've got better than that average after today :thumbsup:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
And I'm very happy we've got better than that average after today :thumbsup:
Why does it feel like a defeat today? I feel a tad down after playing 10 men and missing a pen :(

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Why does it feel like a defeat today? I feel a tad down after playing 10 men and missing a pen :(

Agree, it's utterly absurd to feel deflated about an away point at Wolves, but the 10 men, the pen miss and the fact that expectations are (possibly) unrealistically high all add up to a certain crushing feeling.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A point is not a bad result, but it was annoying Middlesbrough won.

We move on, and hope for a win vs Bolton, which is a realistic hope.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

They said we had no shape for the whole game on the radio!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
we may have not have maintained our shape but they managed to keep 9 players behind the ball for most of the second half and that is very difficult to penetrate...we had our chances , their keeper played well , elvis is far from ready....we seemed so reluctant to shoot yesterday , looked more like a performance from last season....one off hopefully.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here