Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Ice Cream Combinations

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I like most ice cream flavours, except bubblegum, some I like more than others.
But most don't work as a combination so best to have them as a single scoop.
Vanilla, chocolate and raspberry works well in my opinion.
If I can drop down to 2 scoops, I once had a scoop of coconut and a scoop of mango sorbet oba hot day it was glorious.
But I cannot resist good old fashioned yellow Cornish vanilla made with clotted cream with a flake in one of those chocolate dipped waffle cones.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Look at some of these crazy combinations I found in Valencia...

Including Spanish omelette, Black pudding, Olives, Red Bull ???

excuse the poor quality photo, the wife and child were marching down the road, and it was a quick double take and photo.

Attachments

• oo.jpg
    oo.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 78

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Red Bull ice cream is a new low.
I would rather have bubblegum, I think.

I have just zoomed in on the brown one which I assume is chocolate. Is that a piece of cat shit on the top?
Ironic if it is as it's not just back gardens and the ice cream is soft enough to dig in.
I can't see cat shit flavour being much of a seller.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Rocky Road, Pistachio and Strawberry.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Look at some of these crazy combinations I found in Valencia...

Including Spanish omelette, Black pudding, Olives, Red Bull ???

excuse the poor quality photo, the wife and child were marching down the road, and it was a quick double take and photo.
That's just wrong. Tortilla is one of my favourite things (the Mrs makes amazing ones) but it would be one of the last flavours on earth that I'd eat as an ice cream.

Not sure about three scoops but one of the best ice creams I've had was in Bulgaria. The nipper got a double chocolate Oreo one from a stall on the seafront in a cone that was about the size of two fists.

He ate a load of it, Mrs CJ had a bit and I ate enough to just stop before feeling sick. It cost about £4.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Red Bull ice cream is a new low.
I would rather have bubblegum, I think.

I have just zoomed in on the brown one which I assume is chocolate. Is that a piece of cat shit on the top?
Ironic if it is as it's not just back gardens and the ice cream is soft enough to dig in.
I can't see cat shit flavour being much of a seller.

The brown one is morcilla (a Spanish black pudding).

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Now tell us how much it cost you.
Sorrento is great but chuffing expensive.

Here in Paris, the lemons aren't as big, and it makes the ice cream prices in Sorrento seem reasonable.

While we're here though got to agree with a previous poster about a Limoncello, lime and chocolate combination in Sorrento, I'd also add the dark chocolate from Kosak, Rue Caulaincourt, Paris 75018 simply the best chocolate ice cream I've ever had.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Here in Paris, the lemons aren't as big, and it makes the ice cream prices in Sorrento seem reasonable.

While we're here though got to agree with a previous poster about a Limoncello, lime and chocolate combination in Sorrento, I'd also add the dark chocolate from Kosak, Rue Caulaincourt, Paris 75018 simply the best chocolate ice cream I've ever had.

Better than Berthillon?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Mint choc chip is obviously the daddy of all ice cream flavours, so pretty much anything with that. Best I've had was a kiwi flavour in Turkey.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Better than Berthillon?

I reckon so. However, my wife disagrees. She's a MASSIVE Berthillon fan and will do almost anything to engineer a trip to their shop in town. If we have vistors visiting her usual ruse is suggesting that we show them around Notre Dame and maybe take a slight side trip!

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I reckon so. However, my wife disagrees. She's a MASSIVE Berthillon fan and will do almost anything to engineer a trip to their shop in town. If we have vistors visiting her usual ruse is suggesting that we show them around Notre Dame and maybe take a slight side trip!

My dad spent some time living in Paris in his (much) younger years so Berthillon for Ice Cream and Chartier for dinner have always been the two regular haunts on visits.

I'm returning to France for a trip in November before I lose my free museums for EU Passport Holders under 26 (for both age and Brexit reasons) so will make sure to check Kosak out!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here