Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Flasks banned from the Amex

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
As mentioned elsewhere, just remove the caps before going in the stadium, stash them and then replace once through security.

Yes and I had spares for that possibility but it would still be hard to carry four bottles through the turnstile and not spill water everywhere!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
#FlaskGrass

TV cameraman near me obviously didn’t get the memo.
Was openly drinking suicide soup from a flask at half time.

The security is unfit for purpose
There is a CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER…….....heads must roll.

GM98

Sep 6, 2008
Shoreham
Also how come Schelotto was allowed to bring his in? I was in E3H in the disabled part with my dad, he stands next to my dad and pours out a drink from his flask. I don't think he will be signing any petition.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Take 2 spare lids. Pop them in your bra and tell them they are a new line in nipple protectors:lolol:

I've just spat coffee over my lap top reading that :O

Well yesterday I decided to suffer 3 pints of Hop House, not as good as water, but sometimes you have to make sacrifices for the team

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
I had no trouble with a bottle of water yesterday, but was told no tablets (of the computing variety!) in future.

Gophy

Sep 13, 2015
I took a bottle of soft drink to the game yesterday. Steward told me next time it would have to be open and no lid. Rule to be inforced next game so they wouldn't help me get the lid off the bottle which I couldn't do! Still thirsty...

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
Is anyone getting a petition together to send to Barber. This is the most gratuitously small minded bit of crap they’ve tried to pull. Random checks would sort the alcohol smugglers. This is just about getting people to spend a few extra quid on tea and coffee and pop. Well sod that - that’s me done buying anything beyond a programme at the stadium from now on til they see sense
Good idea get a petition together

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Also how come Schelotto was allowed to bring his in? I was in E3H in the disabled part with my dad, he stands next to my dad and pours out a drink from his flask. I don't think he will be signing any petition.

Total lies!

9FDD1E72-2EA6-4E35-9C40-43555F7D6D2A.jpeg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Whilst Barber’s program notes clearly state his issue with bringing your own food into the 1901 lounges / Dicks Bar, which I understand, some stewards seem to have interpreted this as also being a ban on eating your own chocolate bars, and a slice of cake, in the seats.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Whilst Barber’s program notes clearly state his issue with bringing your own food into the 1901 lounges / Dicks Bar, which I understand, some stewards seem to have interpreted this as also being a ban on eating your own chocolate bars, and a slice of cake, in the seats.

Jobsworths.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
digestive creams.

Hell what? Whatever are these? This is what is wrong with this generation, take a perfectly good biscuit that served us all well and you have to put cream on it. Where can I get those...

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
See Barber back to his best school master approach in the programme notes

Was it the same statement as the club release earlier in the week, the one with the helpful illustration that we aren't allowed hunting knives in the stadium but which crucially omits guns and bombs?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
As requested, I obediantly left my flask at home.
Full patdown for West Lower. Allowed to take in Kipling cakes for half time, but told to remove albion cap until I was the other side of the turnstiles. That's new, I politely comented, and was told in no uncertain terms that it was the same as last season! Well nobody ever enforced it with me.
Anyhoo, back to flaskgate. Bought a water with the top on at the kiosk in the stand. What's the difference between me buying it at the local supermarket with a top or at the kiosk apart from the cost? I genuinely don't get it.
Finally, went for a half time coffee as soon as the whistle blew as I had no flask, but after 10 minutes gave up as I knew I would miss the start of the second half. So Kipling cakes, but no coffee.
Barber out!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here