Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Plumbing Advice

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I have a new downstairs loo, which flushes normally, stops, wait roughly 10 seconds and the water starts again, in a steady trickle and carries on forever. It doesn't do it always but I am easily irritated. Any Advice, sensible or stupid? You always get both with NSC regardless.

Thanks in advance.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I have a new downstairs loo, which flushes normally, stops, wait roughly 10 seconds and the water starts again, in a steady trickle and carries on forever. It doesn't do it always but I am easily irritated. Any Advice, sensible or stupid? You always get both with NSC regardless.

Thanks in advance.

Your ball-valve needs adjusting - get the plumber to come back - two minute job.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’m no plumber but can I suggest the valve is not closing when the cistern is full?

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
If it’s a modern push-button wc then it may be the filling valve not shutting down (not ball valves nowadays) or it may be the seal on the flush valve not seating properly and letting water by?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Thanks in advance.

Who installed it, you or a qualified plumber?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here