Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern season ticket to "London Terminals"

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Well I travel to the Medway towns and (might be wrong) I think HS1 gets thrown in for free. Not that that there's much high Speed about HS1 off-peak as it trundles its way down from Gravesend to Faversham via every duck-halt en route. Lovely train though.

Don't think the Rye route would help - too hard to get from Ashford to Medway towns. Shame that the high speed bit wasn't extended to the Medway Towns or Canterbury loops - too many issues I suppose.

When God created the railways, He decreed that there were NO services that crossed London. The Thameslink concept is the work of Satan and, therefore, the ticketing system will treat users as sinners who will be condemned to eternal punishment. If you MUST insist on travelling from Sussex to St Pancras, I can only recommend PRAYER as your path to eventual salvation. A sincere prayer may result in you finding an angel on duty at the ticket barrier and you will be rewarded.

"In the days of Shamgar the son of Anath, in the days of Jael, the highways were unoccupied, and the travellers walked". Judges 5:6

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Not an answer to the specific question but I was amazed that at the appropriate time of the day, a Travel Card from Shoreham by Sea is cheaper than the return fare.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
It's NOT complicated at all, from Brighton to London Terminals on the FCC line the limit is Blackfriars

Weird then how for the last three years or so with a 'London Terminals' ticket (coming from the South) I've been able to get off at City Thameslink.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
When God created the railways, He decreed that there were NO services that crossed London. The Thameslink concept is the work of Satan and, therefore, the ticketing system will treat users as sinners who will be condemned to eternal punishment. If you MUST insist on travelling from Sussex to St Pancras, I can only recommend PRAYER as your path to eventual salvation. A sincere prayer may result in you finding an angel on duty at the ticket barrier and you will be rewarded.

"In the days of Shamgar the son of Anath, in the days of Jael, the highways were unoccupied, and the travellers walked". Judges 5:6

If Thameslink is the work of Satan then Crossrail must be Satan's brother, being slowly born.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Anytime I go to Kent from Brighton via St Pancras (HS1), the barrier always refuses to accept the ticket. The barrier staff always do tho. Just seems to be a long standing glitch in the software.

Same here. Everytime I've used the HS service from Ashford with a journey originating from Bexhill, the barrier has never opened. The gate staff just open the gate manually with barely a glance. I could have shown a ticket for the Bluebell Railway and they would probably have waved me through.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Will that cover me to St Pancras tomorrow morning?

I'm fairly sure that it won't, officially. I used my pass at St Pancras and got told off. They scribbled something on my season ticket to say if I did it again I'd be FINED.

But that wasn't 8am on a Saturday, and I wasn't actually fined anyway.

Mungo_Jerry

Sep 27, 2011
I normally go Hassocks to London Bridge with a London Terminals ticket but last Monday had to go St Pancras and wondered the same thing - and it worked fine going through both ways.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
City Thameslink is the furthest North you can go for London Terminals.For Farringdon and St Pancras you need to pay an extra supplement or have a travelcard for tube.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This thread is amazing , I honestly thought the Nigels would have been all over it. #trainspotters

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
My ticket to STP tomorrow costs £5, a ticket to LBG also costs £5 but has the FCC only restriction :shrug:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This morning the prices were:

Weekly season ticket to London St Pancras - £110.20

Weekly season ticket to London Terminals - £110.20

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

See you in Parky land.........

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The whole system is a shambles, designed to confuse and profit. I'd be ashamed to work for anything to do with railways.

Thank you Bob Geldof, I am sure the railways will be a worse place for this.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury

It's nonsensical therefore to not allow a London Terminals ticket through. Anyway, we're on tenterhooks here Bozza: WHAT HAPPENED??

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's nonsensical therefore to not allow a London Terminals ticket through. Anyway, we're on tenterhooks here Bozza: WHAT HAPPENED??

Both mine, and other, London Terminal season tickets worked without issue in the St Pancras automatic ticket barriers.

RESULT.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
it seems to me that the barriers are set to read a setting "London terminals" and arent sophisticated enough to determine where you came from. so ticket will let you through at St Panc but you're not supposed to. one offs you'll get away with it, probably not a good idea for commuting daily.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here