Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Biggest attendance quickest exit

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Seeing the amount of "supporters" leaving as early as 80mins saddens me. I just think we have to admit that many are just fair weather supporters.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I support, I buy pies, beer and have a season ticket. If I feel like I wanna go so I get to see my son before he goes to bed as we are losing and there's no chance of coming back then I ****ing well will.

Does that mean if we won all our games then he would go to bed crying as he couldn't see his Daddy?

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Thing is mate you don't ****ing leave with nearly 20 mins to go ,
these people will be shouting and screaming from the rooftops if we get to the playoffs
wont they and crying like little girls coz they haven't got enough loyalty points to get first dibs on Wembley tickets.
We according to these people will be the best team in the land if we made it into the Premier League.
it wasn't great today but I have seen much worse.

I think you will find that IF we get to wembley all season ticket holders will get a ticket.

I stayed until the end but did not clap that shower of shite.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
ladies! all headed in the right direction, upwards. everyone has paid so its their choice. the chosen few will
witness and be a part of the legendery comeback. sadly not today; but somewen; EPIC

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Never mind then !

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
I've said it time and time again on such threads that not everyone's personal circumstances will mirror your own.

Firstly there is a high proportion of Albion fans who are NOT Sussex based. This is where the risk vs reward element comes into play. 2-0 down with 10 minutes to play. In all likelihood the game is dead and buried. I left at this point and by doing so was back on the A23 northbound within 15 minutes of leaving my seat in the WSU. Leaving early does not supersede the loyalty all fans make in attending the albion in the first place. Some people ought to consider that before entering bed wetting mode.

Secondly, there is more to life than football. Hard to believe at times but true. Some people will have prior arrangements which requires an early exit regardless of result. Some people have families and young children. Perhaps an early exit strategy from a lacklustre performance is the difference in being able to read little jimmy his bed time story. Who is anyone to dictate that this is unacceptable?

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
Well Baz we put up a fight, when there is just you and me left in the whole ground, who will sing about us holding hands.

Some people just don't get it

We did me old mucker I thank you !! x x x

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
Pay your cash !!!!!
Just about sums some people up really !!!

I shall be watching the Albion with passion and interest until the end of the season - and beyond.

If we succeed in reaching the playoffs, I will want to understand why. And, if we don't, i will also want to understand why.

Either way, the final ten minutes of today's game will give me a clue.

The idea that there is no point in watching the end of a game that we are certain to lose is preposterous to anyone who truly wants to understand the strengths and weaknesses of the Albion.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I've said it time and time again on such threads that not everyone's personal circumstances will mirror your own.

Firstly there is a high proportion of Albion fans who are NOT Sussex based. This is where the risk vs reward element comes into play. 2-0 down with 10 minutes to play. In all likelihood the game is dead and buried. I left at this point and by doing so was back on the A23 northbound within 15 minutes of leaving my seat in the WSU. Leaving early does not supersede the loyalty all fans make in attending the albion in the first place. Some people ought to consider that before entering bed wetting mode.

Secondly, there is more to life than football. Hard to believe at times but true. Some people will have prior arrangements which requires an early exit regardless of result. Some people have families and young children. Perhaps an early exit strategy from a lacklustre performance is the difference in being able to read little jimmy his bed time story. Who is anyone to dictate that this is unacceptable?

I agree with everything you have posted there. But the point is you shouldn't have to choose. You shouldn't have to choose to leave 10 minutes early or take about an hour longer to get home, because the parking and transport arrangements should be better. If we are big league, and getting 29,000 we are, then all aspects should also be 'big league'.

I don't blame you or others leaving early for all the reasons you have stated with the current set-up, because I have done it myself when time is a factor. But I also fundamentally believe that it harms the chances of the team not having 29,000 people roaring them on to the final whistle, and costs us points. Other teams playing at home with great support get late goals and equalisers, it pressurises the opposition.

So it is clearly in the club's own best interest to make it as easy as possible to leave at the end and get away in REASONABLE time.

D

Deleted User X18H

I agree with everything you have posted there. But the point is you shouldn't have to choose. You shouldn't have to choose to leave 10 minutes early or take about an hour longer to get home, because the parking and transport arrangements should be better. If we are big league, and getting 29,000 we are, then all aspects should also be 'big league'.

I don't blame you or others leaving early for all the reasons you have stated with the current set-up, because I have done it myself when time is a factor. But I also fundamentally believe that it harms the chances of the team not having 29,000 people roaring them on to the final whistle, and costs us points. Other teams playing at home with great support get late goals and equalisers, it pressurises the opposition.

So it is clearly in the club's own best interest to make it as easy as possible to leave at the end and get away in REASONABLE time.

And how do they(the club) do any more than than they are doing?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I support, I buy pies, beer and have a season ticket. If I feel like I wanna go so I get to see my son before he goes to bed as we are losing and there's no chance of coming back then I ****ing well will.

Same every week, dredge up another excuse to get out of there as quickly as possible. Miraculously every other of the 15000 (minimum) gone by 90 minutes will have conjured up some other VITAL reason not to be there. Pathetic.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Can't really expect the players to show any fight when the fans themselves are just looking for the first excuse to get out of there. Why even bother going?

D

Deleted member 22389

I understand the arguments of the early leavers but seeing the ground so empty while the game was still going on was a shame. I know we were shit but shouldn't 'supporters' stay till the end to support the team. It seems to be very much an English thing as I rarely seem to see fans leaving early at overseas matches.

Still pissing me off thinking about this morning if I am honest with you. Not the way to support your team. Got to be a low point for me this season now, crazy when we are just 3 points of a play off place but that is how the exodus has made me feel. We are 8th in the fing Championship not 22nd, 23rd or 24th place scrapping for fing survival. Feel sorry for the players if I am honest with you.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Really? And there was me thinking they are all loyal Albion fans :facepalm:

So someone that leaves early isn't a real fan? To me a real fan was one that spent hours of their own time and lots of their own money making sure we got the Amex. One that went to every game at Withdean and even bought season tickets for the Gillingham seasons even though they couldn't attend many games. Ones that spent days delivering referendum leaflets and Seagull party flyers in all weathers and those that wrote to politicians and newspapers trying to get the Albion message told. But hey, it's all just opinions.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
u3egesy9.jpg

This was the east on 83 minutes yesterday...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here