Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is your favourite ever RIGHT BACK.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
But, but, but... he was terrible wasn't he? I remember an away match at Fulham when the home fans were laughing every time he got the ball. He did go on those crazy runs but he was out of his depth as a defender.

Agree with the Keiron O'Regan comments - very under-rated player. And Harry Wilson was definitely primarily a left-back. Don't have many memories of him, but wasn't he a bit of a dirty player - certainly not afraid of chopping down the odd opposing forward.

Oh sure, ultimately he was terrible. Although some of his early games under Brady he was pretty damn good.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I forgot to give an honourable mention to Gary Chivers earlier. On a plane back from Italy earlier this week I couldn't help but notice that one of the stewards had a (more than) passing resemblence to our Maltese International 'Charlie' Chivers. Anyone know what he's doing now? As I assumed he'd be doing better than working for Ryan Air.

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
Anyone remember Don Shanks?? Looked to me like he had a permanent hangover and he stole Georges Best's ex (Miss World or Miss UK or something???)...flair though!!

Seriously though, either Calde or Gregory, albeit the latter did more for us in midfield. As someone else said, Mark Jones looked good, but only played about 5 games.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Great to see so many mentions of Harry Wilson although he definitely was left back. Strange how he became such a favourite of everyone at the time. I always remember an away game at Grimsby not many of us there but we were chanting his name as they were warming up before the game. He went bright red and looked totally embarrassed to be receiving the attention.
"GIVE IT TO HARRY"

jonsey

Aug 5, 2011
North Sussex
Crumplin because..................:D need i say more

Peter Smith as once he started running he just kept going until he ran out of pitch

:albion2:

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ken Tiler kentiler.jpg

andys320

Jan 10, 2014
Favourite has to be the football genius aka Johnny Crumplin.

Never ran quicker than when a team mate was in bother - proper old school.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Love Calde, scored a few crackers and such a nice geezer.

Jimmy Grimble

The classic footballer pose.

That football looks sumptuous as well. Pristine, clear and distinguished. It is begging to be caressed with a crafted shot that bends slightly before rippling down the net of an old-school sloped style goal.

I can hear that satisfying ripple playing over and over in my head.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Stewart Henderson.
I was seriously pee'd off when we let him go to Reading.
Best slide-tackler we ever had - he'd get a booking every match the way the game is played now

Yes will go with that too, and really liked Ken tiler too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here