Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace v Man Utd. FA Cup Final

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
No you are right. The FA cup is now worthless, noddy, nobody else tries in it as its not worth winning. But if Brighton were in the final(Brighton and final :lolol:), it would be the greatest domestic cup competition in the world :bla::bla::bla: If only we had won something in 1910 :facepalm:

You do let yourselves down sometimes !

Why are you on NSC if you don't like it if we don't give a monkeys about your big game?

PS you are probably right but still doesn't make any difference

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

The 1990 final, I wanted to support Man United, but lived (as a student) with a guy from Derby who was the worst kind of Man Utd fan, never been etc etc but got on my nerves enough to enjoy watching Ian Wright come on and turn the match. However, one man has me going completely the other way.. Mr Pardew.. I cannot stand him.. I enjoy our rivalry with Palace, but am not blinded with dislike for them - except for him.. so smug when things go well. I cant believe the easy ride he has had this season, going under the radar because of the "bigger" stories at Newcastle, Sunderland etc.. The Palace slide since the New Year has been nothing but spectacular, and if the season were 2 or 3 weeks longer then they would have been right in it.. I would like nothing more than to see his face following a defeat.. I expect the game to be horribly close, and wouldn't be that surprised if Palace won even, but I hope not.. sorry SE20, not blindly anti-Palace, just anti-Pardew... a cup final defeat, no momentum, and more difficult to attract the top players... lovely..
He's done it again... on what it would mean to win the Cup..
" it would be great for ME, the Club, and English coaches everywhere if we won.." Interesting order, "Me" 1st, and he can also be the messiah for English coaches..... git.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's somewhat classless to suggest that the Cup Final means nothing just because it features the two worst clubs, for differing reasons, in English football. We would love to be heading to Wembley tomorrow (or, more preferably, next weekend).

But Palace are utterly classless, so carry on.

I'll be watching it with a lifelong Palace fan who is always positive and gracious towards Albion. I can never reciprocate, so I'll keep quiet as United steamroller them. Really hoping for some classic TV-captured stills to keep us going through the Summer. [MENTION=33732]Swillis[/MENTION], can you please arrange for the following:

- ugly Palace child sobbing
- 25 stone man in far-too-small shirt looking distraught

Pardew completely losing it will, naturally, just happen anyway.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
The fans paid that back, but money is still outstanding to the London Ambulance Service (NHS) at around 19K

Nice bit of research , how have you been ? I haven't heard from you in a while . The bbs is missing your observations and slant on things :ffsparr:

E

No you are right. The FA cup is now worthless, noddy, nobody else tries in it as its not worth winning. But if Brighton were in the final(Brighton and final :lolol:), it would be the greatest domestic cup competition in the world :bla::bla::bla: If only we had won something in 1910 :facepalm:
Fans trying to play down rivals opportunity - what a shocker.. Maybe stay on your own forums if you're desperate for best wishes, good luck messages.. Not sure quite what you expected.. a balanced, open-minded debate?? That's not really what the rivalry is all about is it?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
" it would be great for ME, the Club, and English coaches everywhere if we won.." Interesting order, "Me" 1st, and he can also be the messiah for English coaches..... git.

It would be though !

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
LVG will be on his way after Saturday , he's hugely disliked and most if not all premiership fans would love it if we turned them over .

Being in it hasn't affected your ability to call it by the correct name then?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Pardew in narcissism shocker :lolol:

E

It would be though !
I am sure that Pardew winning the FA Cup, and almost getting relegated will be just the thing that makes owners across the country re-thinking their approach to management appointments. I wont hold my breath for big offers for Alan from those Clubs hoping to get into Europe next year.. Similarly I doubt that Big Sam, Tony Pullis, Mark Hughes (I know, British) will believe that their future will in anyway be influenced by what happens on Saturday.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I am sure that Pardew winning the FA Cup, and almost getting relegated will be just the thing that makes owners across the country re-thinking their approach to management appointments. I wont hold my breath for big offers for Alan from those Clubs hoping to get into Europe next year.. Similarly I doubt that Big Sam, Tony Pullis, Mark Hughes (I know, British) will believe that their future will in anyway be influenced by what happens on Saturday.

What's so wrong with backing English managers .

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
You do let yourselves down sometimes !

Why are you on NSC if you don't like it if we don't give a monkeys about your big game?

PS you are probably right but still doesn't make any difference

I don't expect you to give a monkeys and I fully expect you to hope we lose. But saying the fa cup does not matter, is like us saying the Amex is crap.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't expect you to give a monkeys and I fully expect you to hope we lose. But saying the fa cup does not matter, is like us saying the Amex is crap.

Although many of your fans do. "Wonky Warehouse" or similar, I believe. Presumably you make sure you set them straight as well, right?

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
It's somewhat classless to suggest that the Cup Final means nothing just because it features the two worst clubs, for differing reasons, in English football. We would love to be heading to Wembley tomorrow (or, more preferably, next weekend).

But Palace are utterly classless, so carry on.

I'll be watching it with a lifelong Palace fan who is always positive and gracious towards Albion. I can never reciprocate, so I'll keep quiet as United steamroller them. Really hoping for some classic TV-captured stills to keep us going through the Summer. [MENTION=33732]Swillis[/MENTION], can you please arrange for the following:

- ugly Palace child sobbing
- 25 stone man in far-too-small shirt looking distraught

Pardew completely losing it will, naturally, just happen anyway.

I'm sure if you watch there will be plenty of 25 stone men in shirts to small for them, I dare say a few 25 stone women as well. I fully expect us to be beaten, in a way I feel us getting to the final has papered over the cracks . But as is the magic of football, we have an outside chance. :vuvu::vuvu::vuvu::vuvu:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

If you're happy with Pardew, then good for you. The general vibe amongst Palace fans doesn't seem to be that positive about him and it can surely only be this Cup run that has kept him in a job.

So, if you are happy with him - good for you.

We're also happy having a man as our manager who seems to be widely regarded as one of the most decent men in the game (and not an utter spiv).

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Genuine question to the Palace fans on here - what's the general feeling about the game? Confident?

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Although many of your fans do. "Wonky Warehouse" or similar, I believe. Presumably you make sure you set them straight as well, right?

Actually I have never had to, the only place I have seen it called that is on forums. Im actually quite fond of Selhurst for sentimental reasons more than anything, but of course I would like us to have a better stadium.

E

Nothing at all.. however, AP appears to suggest in the sound-byte I heard that somehow his winning the trophy will be significant in how English managers are viewed by the broader footballing world.. I don't think it will.. do you? (It wont do any harm, but it wont help!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here