Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia tonight

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Was his header that lead to the save for the corner that led to the pen? ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair that was a very good header and needed a smart save to stop us scoring from that effort. Whether Locadia intended to header it into the ground, well that's another matter.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm nailing my blue and white colours to the mast right now.

Locadia and Andone will be the most formidable and prolific strike partnership in the Premiership by the end of the season. :thumbsup:

They need to improve their football before taking up Rugby.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
He reminds me of a poor mans Liam Dickinson, he's had plenty of time to show promise but we've seen nothing.
The thread reminds me of people that kept insisting that Skalak was decent until he was never seen in the squad again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Short memories people. So many new players take half a dozen games to get up to speed. De Bruyne took half a season. Seems to be a particular problem with Dutchmen. The main thing is he spent time on the pitch and will now feel a part of a successful evening.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Short memories people. So many new players take half a dozen games to get up to speed. De Bruyne took half a season. Seems to be a particular problem with Dutchmen. The main thing is he spent time on the pitch and will now feel a part of a successful evening.

The mere sight of Locadia and KdB in the same sentence and context has made my day.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

But we can only judge him on what we've seen. Everyone hopes he'll come good, but so far for the money he's cost, he looks absolutely rubbish.

I want him to succeed so badly. But he looks more like an Elvis Manu than a Kevin De Bruyne right now.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
I just dont think its possible to judge yet ... He may still come good and score 20 goals ... he may never start a game for the Albion and be 3rd choice emergency cup game option ... one thing for sure is we will never know unless he gets game time and by that I mean 2 or 3 starts in a row which just isnt going to happen with Murray in the form he is right now.

Too many writing him off on just mainly sub appearances which are rarely even 2 games running which is unfair , sadly he may never get the chance of a few starts to get a fair judgment.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
When I first saw him I thought yes he`s technically very good and expected him to push for a starting place.
However after last night where he was woeful and almost cost us the match in the last minute I think we need to look to ship him out in January, was he trying too hard I really don`t know??

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London

I'm all for giving players time, but he has had time. He's been here since January, that is enough time to break into the team properly. Almost all of our other intended first team foreign signings have done it. He hasn't even looked like being good enough. He's a flop.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I just dont think its possible to judge yet ... He may still come good and score 20 goals ... he may never start a game for the Albion and be 3rd choice emergency cup game option ... one thing for sure is we will never know unless he gets game time and by that I mean 2 or 3 starts in a row which just isnt going to happen with Murray in the form he is right now.

Too many writing him off on just mainly sub appearances which are rarely even 2 games running which is unfair , sadly he may never get the chance of a few starts to get a fair judgment.

So give him an extended run of games in the Under-23s where it doesn't matter so much. If he fails to show anything there then he's extremely unlikely to show anything at first team level anytime soon.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I have not written him off just yet, the last 20 of that game was frantic when he came on. And he was a tad unlucky from the header.

But the game awareness and touch was what concerned me most.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
I dont know the rules for U23 games but he certainly could do with a game here or there with them. I know you can have over age players but not sure you can do it week in week out with the same player. I agree he needs minutes of actual game time but until this week they could not risk him as he was our only back up striker. Now with Andone getting fitter by the day there is certainly more room to manoeuvre and allow an U23's outing. BUT you have to be fair to the U23's and let their squad do the business the majority of the time as they have shown they deserve it with this seasons PL2 results and performances.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have not written him off just yet, the last 20 of that game was frantic when he came on. And he was a tad unlucky from the header.

But the game awareness and touch was what concerned me most.

My confidence that he would turn out to be a good signing has taken a knock. Rabbit and headlights springs to mind. The suggestion about giving him a few Under 23 games sounds like a good one to me. He was awful last night.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Yeah, another bloody away defeat.

Another bloody away game where we took 45 minutes to wake up.

Yes fine, we got the point but the performance for large parts of the game was sub-par. Just because we didn't lose doesn't mean I have to be happy with it.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
He was shit for 18 minutes.
Other players were shit for 90.
On balance we were shit.

You've overdone the shit there fella. 1st 45 minutes, there can be no arguing about. But the second 45? We really took the game to them, their 2nd was against the run of play, and we immediately struck back, before pushing and getting the equaliser.

To come back from 2-0 down, away from home in the Premier League .... you have to give that second half display it's credit. Shit for 90 mins? Nah, I was watching a different game mate.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
My confidence that he would turn out to be a good signing has taken a knock. Rabbit and headlights springs to mind. The suggestion about giving him a few Under 23 games sounds like a good one to me. He was awful last night.
Yep, Desparate for him to come good but he just looked scared last night. There's been support, no vocal criticism and yet he still looked too scared to perform. Hope some Turkish outfit takes on his wage and stumps up a bit of cash in January. Can't seem him coming good unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here