Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 22389

As a brexiteer I wouldn't expect you to grasp anything logical. Maybe if I put it on a bus or a rasict poster you will get it?

I voted leave, my mum is a European citizen. Your stereotyping of people is wrong, wrong, wrong.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The Irish border a problem? I wonder why? An interesting investigation into the DUP.

A BBC Spotlight investigation into the man behind the DUP's record £435,000 donation during the EU referendum has uncovered a trail of illegal activity and foreign money

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-44624299?SThisFB

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Get well soon/thoughts and prayers to you all .. hope you eventually manage to break the addiction and find something more productive to do with your time in the very near future x

What a strange coincidence that after years of being one of the most frequent posters on this thread, you manage to find something more productive to do with your time, just as all the various Brexit scenarios are getting exposed for the farce they are :)

Last edited:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
What a strange coincidence that after years of being one of the most frequent posters on this thread, you manage to find something more productive to do with your time, just as all the various Brexit scenarios are getting exposed for the farce they are :)

We must show him sympathy. The discovery that there could now be tens of millions of weasel loons in the land was always going to be a problem for him.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Good grief,I thought this thread had gone into obscurity.Still all going ever so well,apart from the Electoral Commission clowns.At least they have proved even-handed,managing to upset both sides.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Are there no depths of dishonour our present leaders can't sink to? Today we have Gove outlining his plan to swing Britain out of the Union on Chequers terms and then, when we're out, having the next prime minister installed by the Conservative Party change those terms to something more to the Ultras' liking. With a bit of luck it will be all done and dusted before any future general election. One way of getting round Gina Millar and the Supreme Court I suppose.

Let no one who supports this kind of manoeuvring ever lecture anyone else on the subject of democracy.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Are there no depths of dishonour our present leaders can't sink to? Today we have Gove outlining his plan to swing Britain out of the Union on Chequers terms and then, when we're out, having the next prime minister installed by the Conservative Party change those terms to something more to the Ultras' liking. With a bit of luck it will be all done and dusted before any future general election. One way of getting round Gina Millar and the Supreme Court I suppose.

Let no one who supports this kind of manoeuvring ever lecture anyone else on the subject of democracy.

Indeed: Gove at his reptilian best (or worst).

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Oh well BBC reporting Irish border deal now agreed in principle

The way things are heading is looking like one giant fudge (assuming the swivel eyed loons can be brought on board)

Summary..

a) Carnage avoided

b) Very expensive with little if any benefits

c) No real winners

d) Many many unanswered questions

e) Continued uncertainty

Few will be happy with the final deal. Its blackmail from May, accept Chequers fudge or a cliff edge Brexit.

Britain of course deserves better, we should push for art 50 extension and go back to the People, whatever the deal (Cheq or ND) or remain.

Though I think this will not happen, welcome to mediocre Britain

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The way things are heading is looking like one giant fudge (assuming the swivel eyed loons can we brought on board)

Summary..

a) Carnage avoided

b) Very expensive with little if any benefits

c) No real winners

d) Many many unanswered questions

e) Continued uncertainty

Few will be happy with the final deal. Its blackmail from May, accept Chequers fudge or a cliff edge Brexit.

Britain of course deserves better, we should push for art 50 extension and go back to the People, whatever the deal (Cheq or ND) or remain.

Though I think this will not happen, welcome to mediocre Britain

Doesn't matter what deal they get through, Gove stated yesterday that a future PM will just change the deal anyway. Leadership bid ahoy.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Quoted from the Times. Barnier accepting a frictionless border or whatever that entails. Mixein with the wicked witch story

I read The Times earlier. Barnier
"is working on a new “protocol” text outlining a plan to use technology to minimise checks. The proposals are to be circulated to European governments after the Conservative Party conference on October 3."

Confidential diplomatic notes seen by The Times reveal the EU’s determination to take the heat out of the Irish issue. “The biggest unsolved problem is Northern Ireland,” one note said. “There is a political mobilisation in the UK in this regard. Therefore, we are trying to clarify the EU position.”

The “revised draft of the Northern Ireland protocol”, according to a diplomatic note of talks between EU ambassadors last Wednesday, will propose that most new checks would not happen at any border. “The controls or checks only have to be organised in a way that would not endanger the EU single market,” Sabine Weyand, Mr Barnier’s deputy, told the ambassadors. “For the main part, these controls would not have to happen at a border.”

But it also says:

Mrs May has insisted that any system of checks, regardless of where they are made, amounts to a hard border. “You don’t solve the issue of no hard border by having a hard border 20km inside Ireland,” she told the BBC.

Interestingly it also adds:

In another gesture designed to secure Mrs May’s position, the EU is carefully writing its proposal to prevent Scottish Nationalists from demanding the same deal. “The solution is specifically phrased for Northern Ireland so that it is not applicable for Scotland. A UK concern,” the note said. Nicola Sturgeon, the Scottish first minister, alarmed the government this summer by threatening to use the Northern Irish backstop as a model for Scotland.

Better than any of that though, there's a lovely photograph on the front page of a very wet and happy looking 'Monty The Labrador' emerging from Saltdean Lido yesterday.

monty.jpg

It's only £1.60 down the newsagents.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here