Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Are Burnley relegation contenders this year?

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Burnleys problem has always been scoring goals. The whole time (as last season) they were very frugal in defence it worked fine but now they are conceding and still not scoring this will cause them major problems if they don't improve. We have the same problem away from home and I think players like Bissouma and Andone were brought in to try to resolve this.

My picks for relegation at the start were Cardiff, Huddersfield and Newcastle. Looking good at the moment.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Will do enough to secure another season. Certainly not the car crash required to be below Cardiff. Hudders and WHU are contenders for the drop, although Newcastle seem to be all out for a freefall season (with M Ashley making the off pitch environment pretty toxic it seems).

Just hope we finish mathematically safe early enough not to dread the whole of April/May because I don't think we are by any means out of the running for a bottom 3 place.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Will do enough to secure another season. Certainly not the car crash required to be below Cardiff. Hudders and WHU are contenders for the drop, although Newcastle seem to be all out for a freefall season (with M Ashley making the off pitch environment pretty toxic it seems).

Just hope we finish mathematically safe early enough not to dread the whole of April/May because I don't think we are by any means out of the running for a bottom 3 place.

WHU played really well today. Some of their quality players, showed that quality. I know it's own one game, but I think that was a turning point.

Except, the awful for football London Olympic Stadium, will always hang over them.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
They didn’t do much in the way of transfer business in the summer though, whereas we have evidently continued to strengthen. Think Vydra was the only player they brought in ?

Yes, that's certainly true. I don't think we'll go down this year, I'm not sure Burnley will either but I also don't think we'll finish too many points away from Burnley unless they have an absolute dogs dinner of a season.

We have game changers in our squad Jose, AK, AJ, Etc they have no flair that can do something special, nothing like us IMO

We are a team built on good organisation and hard work. They are a team built on good organisation and hard work.

We are a team that is greater than the sum of its parts. They are a team that is greater than the sum of its parts.

when the parts aren't working in unison we struggle. When the parts aren't working in unison they struggle.

We don't have a Zaha type player to carry us. They don't have a Zaha type player to carry them.

We are nothing like Burnley...

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Battered 1-0 by Wolves, having to rely on Joe Hart of all people to stay in the game.

To lose to a relegation rival in that manner is very worrying.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yes, Burnley are most certainly at risk, the curse of European football has done for them.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I wouldn't be surprised. Always felt they've punched above their weight since getting promoted. European games are a hindrance to them as well.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

*cough* were *cough*

In answer to the OP, I hope so.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
On the basis of everything, would you rather have had a Wolves win or a Burnley win ?

For me Burnley are an honest club - - - - ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
On the basis of everything, would you rather have had a Wolves win or a Burnley win ?

For me Burnley are an honest club - - - - ?

I agree. Fulham and Wolves have the media on their side, but they've both gone on huge spending sprees (double that of ours in summer 2017), buying internationals and hey presto they're doing well.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Could be a similar scenario to Leicester's miracle season. The next season they were fighting relegation until Ranieri was sacked.

Nothing could be similar to Leicester winning the PL.

FWIW, I expect Burnly to perk up. Wolves (£100mill spent) are very decent and only beat them 1-0....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

bhafc1976

Apr 16, 2015
Sure Fulham and Wolves have spent big but so far I would say Wolves have spent right. A great side last season and impressed me today. Play good attacking football with no fear.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That is rather depressing reading

But in no way surprising.

It's not like we can say 'ah but we've played a game less', as we'll still be bottom after tomorrow's game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here