Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] 4th Test v India

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
....they’re essentially saying ‘I’d like to have a look, but I think it’s out (or not)’......I think the replay then has to be conclusive that it’s not out for the decision to be changed.

Pant appears to be in one-day mode.......can’t let this continue for too long

Too right!!!!!!!!!!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
One slog too many for Pant, laters

150/6

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What do they mean by ‘actual stats’ ? No way in the world a team chasing 245 win 1 out of 3.

150-6..........[emoji16][emoji16]

It was comparing previous test match run chases

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Doesn’t make sense to me........the vast majority of chases of anything over 200 end in failure

Maybe I misheard

Anyway 153/7 into the bowlers now

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
Got 'im :)

7 down

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
154/8 ours to lose

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I think that too much emphasis is being raised about batting 4th. The crux of the matter at the end of the day we have to score enough to make it impossible for them to win as we do not need to win to win the series they do. In an ideal world we will go out and bat for the best part of 2 days leaving just over a day to bowl them out.

Batting 4th is tough, always has been. Rarely do you see victorious last innings chases because pitches wear and the pressure is all on the batsman. Hence extremely rarely does a toss winning captain bowl.

As soon as England got 220 ahead I was fairly confident on us winning. The wicket has done enough all game to keep bowlers on top.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Batting 4th is tough, always has been. Rarely do you see victorious last innings chases because pitches wear and the pressure is all on the batsman. Hence extremely rarely does a toss winning captain bowl.

As soon as England got 220 ahead I was fairly confident on us winning. The wicket has done enough all game to keep bowlers on top.

100% this.....even on good pitches 200 is fairly rarely chased down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here