Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] If you had £100k

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
It's similar to the holiday threads, where boasters come out of the woodwork.

Don't worry, you're probably one of the 95% of working age, working hard to meet the bills plus have some leisure.

Funny how some people like boasting... Always the same people too!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Move up north and buy a house, Or use it as a deposit for a house down south.

No point in wasting such an amount on pointless things that will be worthless in the near future. But a house can always be sold for a good return.

P.S I am a home owner already and I have calculated that once I finish paying off my mortgage my property will be worth more than I ever end up giving the bank for my mortgage, It's already worth 150% of the purchase value within 5 years.

completely out of context...so unfortunately...BOOOOOORE OFFFFFF....!! xx

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Invest 30% in two or three low-risk stocks (or fixed rate bonds) and leave them for 10 years
Give 20% to the kids (Although they wouldn't be able to touch it until they're 18 so the interest would be worth more than the original 10k each)

With the other 50% I like to think that I'd be sensible and put some of it into a high risk pension plan, some into medium risk and leave it until I'm 50 (Adding to it every month). I'd soon be able to retire with properties and have enough to cover all of the other things I wanted in life.

I bet you're a laugh at parties*. :wink::D

*joking aside - very sensible mind...

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
Last edited:

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
The answer to this is Cuba. Hardly any crime, stunning beaches, amazing people, weather, dirt cheap to live there. The most expensive "mansion" in the area we last visited cost $150k. Brilliant free education system and healthcare.

The only problem is that you can't buy property there unless you're married to a Cuban. But if you've seen some of the Cuban women then this really isn't a problem at all.

Is the winner:clap2::clap2:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
If I were under 35(ish) I'd use it to pay for a commercial airline pilot's license and go work for an airline.
As I'm not, I'd use 35K to buy a decent camper van and the rest to fund a few long trips around Europe

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
If they played cricket there (or if we didn't have a kid who plays cricket obsessively) then I'd be selling up and moving in a shot. My wife speaks fluent Spanish and I could get work easy enough, if I even needed to.

Neither of us mind sharing..... [emoji23]

It's definitely a retirement idea.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
The answer to this is Cuba. Hardly any crime, stunning beaches, amazing people, weather, dirt cheap to live there. The most expensive "mansion" in the area we last visited cost $150k. Brilliant free education system and healthcare.

The only problem is that you can't buy property there unless you're married to a Cuban. But if you've seen some of the Cuban women then this really isn't a problem at all.

Have you been to Costa Rica or Panama? Looking for the next holiday for late Autumn.
Had never been pulled by Cuba to be honest, but could be swayed if it's a good time.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Have you been to Costa Rica or Panama? Looking for the next holiday for late Autumn.
Had never been pulled by Cuba to be honest, but could be swayed if it's a good time.
No. Been to Mexico (Tulum, just down from Cancun) and Cuba twice. I'd have every holiday in Cuba from now on if I could. It's amazing.

Full of Canadians though which is a plus point for us but if you want to get away from the locals then maybe not so good for you..... [emoji6]

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
No. Been to Mexico (Tulum, just down from Cancun) and Cuba twice. I'd have every holiday in Cuba from now on if I could. It's amazing.

Full of Canadians though which is a plus point for us but if you want to get away from the locals then maybe not so good for you..... [emoji6]

Yep I was in Tulum this April-May, had a good time. Did you get up to Holbox?
I'm going to have a better look into Cuba for sure.

& Canadians abroad are generally fantastic. Beats the Yanks in Mexico and the Brits in Europe!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Oh and.... [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
cce94714c3d891ff28b3cae3289d304f.jpg

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Yep I was in Tulum this April-May.
I'm going to have a better look into Cuba for sure.

& Canadians abroad are generally fantastic. Beats the Yanks in Mexico and the Brits in Europe!
Agreed. Had great times with Canadians in Mexico and Cuba. The weird Quebec lot are even ok..... if you speak French to them.

bhaseeer

Aug 29, 2017
50k on travel, car, doing up the house. (marbella, india, thailand, oregan).
50k into decent crypto assets.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing

Always fancied Central America and the surrounding areas, have only heard good things about Cuba.
Have also looked into Costa Rica a bit too [MENTION=17571]StonehamPark[/MENTION], looks beautiful, and I love the way they care for their ecosystem, makes it look a very attractive place to live, think I was told you had to be there for a year before you could invest in a business there?

ps. I don't mind Canadians so that's ok, my Grandad was one

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Always fancied Central America and the surrounding areas, have only heard good things about Cuba.
Have also looked into Costa Rica a bit too
[MENTION=17571]StonehamPark[/MENTION], looks beautiful, and I love the way they care for their ecosystem, makes it look a very attractive place to live, think I was told you had to be there for a year before you could invest in a business there?

ps. I don't mind Canadians so that's ok, my Grandad was one

That's a very complimentary thing to say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here