Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mr Lion......Gold Bentley

Dec 15, 2014
Here
I had a meeting with him once at his offices at the marina, he had summoned me there as the company I worked for supplied his pubs, basically an order was authorised by one of his managers without his permission. He was not best pleased and rang the office and wanted an explanation. His first words to me was, "you've got some balls coming here" but I stood up for myself and by the end of the meeting he suggested that if I wasn't happy in my job, I should call him and he would find something for me !

Of course your response was.....................................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr3sBks5o_8&index=1&list=PL65FE682E3523FC8D

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
I assume when he PX'ed the old Purple one it would have been re spayed to a more conventional colour to enable to be resold more profitably?
It was wrapped in vinyl, so it will have been removed to reveal the original colour... he may have had the same car re-wrapped in gold?

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Regarding Mr Lion, he always leaves his Amex seat at half time never to return - anyone suggest or know why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Regarding Mr Lion, he always leaves his Amex seat at half time never to return - anyone suggest or know why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He leaves. We always see him and his wife get in the motor and leave as we look out the Upper East windows at half time

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m not disagreeing. Did he “borrow” rental deposits?

He took money, yes. He also picked the wrong fight as I eventually got it all back with interest. I know plenty of others have been screwed over by him.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This reminds me of infantile phone messages we placed on fall guys desks at my old office ... to “ring Mr.C.Lyons”, with the Drusillas phone number. Unbelievably, it worked every time.

Drusillas took it all in good humour, with a riposte of their own ready and waiting.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Funny re-reading this.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Dave is a top bloke. I do actually know him and my mate worked for him at one of his pubs.

Slate him all you like for his lovely Bee Gees hair but he is a nice fella. Hard working lad so he was, obviously reaping the benefits now. Good for him.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here