Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings vs Arsenal (h)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Ryan 8 -- the cat
Schelotto 8 -- just love him
Duffy 7.5 -- back to form
Dunk 8 -- will Southgate continue to ignore him? First goal scored by a defender in the PL
Bong 8 -- our most improved player
Knockaert 8 -- what a shift he put in
Stephens 7 -- started s-l-o-w-l-y but grew into the game. Didn't deserve that yellow card, didn't even look like a foul
Propper 9 MotM -- outstanding. He was seemingly assigned the task of stopping their runners -- Ozil and, especially, Wilshere -- and he did a cracking job at it
Izquierdo 8 -- another good one
Gross 8 -- work rate, craft and guile
Murray 9 -- 11 now up, but he's such a clever player

Bruno 7 -- good to see you again
March 6
Kayal 6

CH 10 -- they may be down, but that was a cracking game plan, exploiting their jadedness early on, and working a way round their dreadful zonal marking at set pieces
Fans 10 -- we haven't been doing enough over the last few months, but it sounded like all the stands were up for it today, and we helped the team over the line

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ryan 8 -- the cat
Dunk 8 -- will Southgate continue to ignore him? First goal scored by a defender in the PL
Stephens 7 -- started s-l-o-w-l-y but grew into the game. Didn't deserve that yellow card, didn't even look like a foul
Propper 9 MotM -- outstanding. He was seemingly assigned the task of stopping their runners -- Ozil and, especially, Wilshere -- and he did a cracking job at it

March 6
Kayal 6

CH 10 -- they may be down, but that was a cracking game plan, exploiting their jadedness early on, and working a way round their dreadful zonal marking at set pieces
Fans 10 -- we haven't been doing enough over the last few months, but it sounded like all the stands were up for it today, and we helped the team over the line

Pretty good set of numbers there, would agree. Brilliant from CH to chuck March on to support Bruno down that side, and March did a good job, and as you say he’d done his homework on Arsenal’s weaknesses.

Murray has been a revelation the last few games. Couldn’t believe how much he was running even deep into injury time, and very clever winning of the foul at the death.

What a day. Must be the fewest early leavers ever too, so hopefully we won’t even get a thread about that.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Pretty good set of numbers there, would agree. Brilliant from CH to chuck March on to support Bruno down that side, and March did a good job, and as you say he’d done his homework on Arsenal’s weaknesses.

Murray has been a revelation the last few games. Couldn’t believe how much he was running even deep into injury time, and very clever winning of the foul at the death.

What a day. Must be the fewest early leavers ever too, so hopefully we won’t even get a thread about that.

Oh yes, go along with that about early leavers (perhaps we can start a thread on it?).
They didn't just stay to the end, most of the stands were bouncing at the end.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Ryan -6- great shot stopping but kicking was poor and made a mistake at a corner getting underneath it .
Scheletto - 7 - battled hard and gave 100% . Hope hes alright
Duffy -7- back to himself , winning in the air and assist for first goal . Is there a better sight than him flying through the air ?
Dunk -9- Brilliant today , looked composed and great to see him score a goal for us, got us on our way
Bong - 8- was brilliant , rarely troubled and composed on the ball
Knockaert -6- tried to be a bit too fancy , taking too many touches
Stephens -7- decent game , got stuck in as well
Pröpper -9- MOTM his most imposing performance , great challenges
Izqueirdo -8- looked a threat first half everytime he went forward and second half our best chances through him
Gross -8- his delivery is brilliant and has great understanding with Jose
Murray -8- made himself known to defenders and continued scoring run . Looked knackered by the end though and needed replacing

Bruno -7- came on and calmed it down for us
Solly -6- bit of direct play from him was what we needed
Kayal -6- put himself about at the end when we needed it

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Ryan 8 -- the cat

March 6
Kayal 6

I’d agree with all of that. Wonderful scenes at the end of the game.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
No room for reasoned responses today

9s all-round with the exception of
Schelletto 10
Propper 10
Dunk 10
Murray 10
Bong 10

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Ryan 8 -- the cat

March 6
Kayal 6

perfect assessment!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
As others have said, maybe one of our most significant home results. Certainly since I've been watching the Albion. A wonderful team performance. MOTD will hopefully be worth watching this evening.

Ryan 8. A couple of crucial saves, but some wayward kicking.
Schelotto 8. Great addition to the team and an excellent game.
Duffy 8. Strong defensive performance. Would have been good if one of his headers from corners had found the net .One absolutely awful free kick in the second half.
Dunk 9. Well taken goal and great all-round performance.
Bong 9. Very very good performance both going forward and defending.
Stephens 8. A couple of times when he was slow on the ball and passed sideways or backwards when better forward options available, but overall a strong performance.
Propper 8. Excellent, but needs to sometimes be stronger in the tackle and come away with the ball.
Knockaert 7. As usual his decision making was poor on a couple of occasions, but apart from that a good game.
Gross 8. Great player.
Murray 9. What a season he's having. Fine all round performance and a great goal.

Subs:
Bruno 7. Did OK.
Kayal 7. Ditto.
March 7. Ditto.

Manager 10.

Fans ... excellent.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I’ve been looking on a few sites. I’ve seen Propper, izqierdo, Murray, Duffy, Dunk and Gros all given man of the match. Sums up how good a team effort today was.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
As others have said, maybe one of our most significant home results. Certainly since I've been watching the Albion. A wonderful team performance. MOTD will hopefully be worth watching this evening.

Ryan 8. A couple of crucial saves, but some wayward kicking.
Schelotto 8. Great addition to the team and an excellent game.
Duffy 8. Strong defensive performance. Would have been good if one of his headers from corners had found the net .One absolutely awful free kick in the second half.
Dunk 9. Well taken goal and great all-round performance.
Bong 9. Very very good performance both going forward and defending.
Stephens 8. A couple of times when he was slow on the ball and passed sideways or backwards when better forward options available, but overall a strong performance.
Propper 8. Excellent, but needs to sometimes be stronger in the tackle and come away with the ball.
Knockaert 7. As usual his decision making was poor on a couple of occasions, but apart from that a good game.
Gross 8. Great player.
Murray 9. What a season he's having. Fine all round performance and a great goal.

Subs:
Bruno 7. Did OK.
Kayal 7. Ditto.
March 7. Ditto.

Manager 10.

Fans ... excellent.

Harsh on Jose

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Ryan 8.5 Couple of great saves but thought kicking could have been better.
Schelotto 8.5 Becoming a legend
Duffy 8 Steady should have got at least one header on target
Dunk 8.5 Reducing his scoring deficit, did very well
Bong 9 Prolific
Knockaert 8 Better, needs to watch his temperament
Stephens 8 Poor start but then really came into it
Propper 9 Got arrested after trying to leave the Amex with too many Arsenal players in his pocket!
Izquierdo 8.5 Quality, needs to look up sometimes before shooting
Gross 8.5 Grafted the whole match, brilliant
Murray 10 If I was a Lady I'd marry him!

Bruno 6 I think our progress may have left him behind a little
March 6 As above, clearly needs to up his game when he gets a chance
Kayal 7 Didn't have time to really shine but what he did he did well

CH 10 Can't say more than HE GOT IT RIGHT

Fans 10/10 What an atmosphere, beggars belief that you'd leave early through choice and miss that two minutes at the end of the game

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Ryan 9
Schelotto 8
Duffy 8
Dunk 9
Bong 9
Stephens 7
Propper 8
Knockaert 7
Izquierdo 9
Gross 8
Murray 10

Subs:
Bruno 7
Kayal 6
March 6

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Nice to see that CH has stopped taking off a striker, and replacing him with a midfielder now. He's developed as a manager this season.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
We broke their hearts and then we beat them up.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I’ve been looking on a few sites. I’ve seen Propper, izqierdo, Murray, Duffy, Dunk and Gros all given man of the match. Sums up how good a team effort today was.

I was struggling to pick one out too.

If I had to then I’d probably plump for Groß.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think as he has had more game time and settled into the team, Schelotto is looking more composed and less gangly. I also think Izquierdo is showing the sort of quality that makes comparisons to Lualua unfair. The Bong hater near me had nothing to moan about all game.

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
High marks all round. Disappointed to see people giving Knockaert 7’s. He worked his nuts off all over the park. 9 for me despite not being as obvious going forward.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here