Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool Away Fans

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Watch Brighton away at Stanford-bridge in the shed end nearly gave the game away when I shouted penalty for Connor
Also in the shed for Crysalchallis game but at least I was with Brighton Fans.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
But you'd never be critical of Albion fans sitting amongst home fans at away games.

= Double standards.

No harm done on Saturday, the way it should be, in contrast to the juvenile cocks a week ago.

Different if a game isn’t sold out to Home fans.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Different if a game isn’t sold out to Home fans.

Whingers here, would be fine with Brighton fans watching from home sections at sold out away games.

Within the alleged army of 10,000's of diehard Albion home fans, in reality there are large numbers with no.1 allegiances to clubs such as Arsenal. I know many of these myself who go to Amex games, some are s/t holders, some buy random tickets as registered Albion members. Despite the current crest of a wave in the club's fortunes, we're a long way from everyone is the ground being Albion fanatics, ditching decades of following huge clubs.

More to come with the home games against ManU, Spurs, Chelsea, and Arsenal. Eventually there'll be scuffles where bad losing home fans will "want em out'.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
But that happens every game.

We know that our support didn't magically increase six-fold almost overnight. Not every Amex STH was a Withdean regular or a lapsed fan who stopped going to the Goldstone in about 1981. A large number of Amex STHs don't have Brighton as their first club. They go and they support Brighton nearly all of the time, but when we're playing 'their' team they switch allegiance. So every week there are people taking the places of Brighton fans!

It's a good thing. Firstly because over time they may become full Brighton fans (I did), and secondly because if they didn't go, yes there would be loads of room for 'real' Brighton fans, but the ground would be about half-empty.

Are you seriously suggesting that half Brightons season ticket holders only support The Albion as a second club!

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
I guess some folk that live localy will have bought memberships to ensure they got Liverpool Tickets. Probably cheapest way they will get a ticket. I'd guess that Saturday will be their first time watching Liverpool.

FYI The tickets didn't go on sale to season ticket holders guests, th3y sold out at members stage.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I guess some folk that live localy will have bought memberships to ensure they got Liverpool Tickets. Probably cheapest way they will get a ticket. I'd guess that Saturday will be their first time watching Liverpool.

FYI The tickets didn't go on sale to season ticket holders guests, th3y sold out at members stage.

Good points.

Many thousands of occasional Brighton fans also got tickets as members. No doubt loads of Reds fans in amongst them.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I would only be interested if the away fans were misbehaving or there was a suspicion someone was trying to make a killing from seat selling.

Nothing to see here.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No, but the inference was that half of The Albions STH didn't support Brighton as their FIRST team, I simply don't believe that.

You may have over-inferred and taken it too literally, but the point stands: a large (but admittedly unquantifiable) number of Amex STHs are not 100% Brighton fans, and if they hadn't bought tickets and didn't attend then the ground would be much emptier.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You may have over-inferred and taken it too literally, but the point stands: a large (but admittedly unquantifiable) number of Amex STHs are not 100% Brighton fans, and if they hadn't bought tickets and didn't attend then the ground would be much emptier.

This.

Naive assumption that the Amex contains 28,000 die hard Albion fans, with no first loves for PL giants. The mass of football loving, life long Arsenal, Liverpool and ManU fans living in Sussex, with an interest in the Albion, couldn't and didn't ditch those old allegiances once the Amex opened.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
But that happens every game.

We know that our support didn't magically increase six-fold almost overnight. Not every Amex STH was a Withdean regular or a lapsed fan who stopped going to the Goldstone in about 1981. A large number of Amex STHs don't have Brighton as their first club. They go and they support Brighton nearly all of the time, but when we're playing 'their' team they switch allegiance. So every week there are people taking the places of Brighton fans!

It's a good thing. Firstly because over time they may become full Brighton fans (I did), and secondly because if they didn't go, yes there would be loads of room for 'real' Brighton fans, but the ground would be about half-empty.

Indeed I have a friend who is an Arsenal fan who lives in Shoreham. He very occassionally went to the Withdean but since the Amex he watches us regularly. Infact since the Amex was built he's never seen Arsenal. We're rebuilding our fan base and some are appreciating the amazing experience at the Amex and are seeing the light.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Indeed I have a friend who is an Arsenal fan who lives in Shoreham. He very occassionally went to the Withdean but since the Amex he watches us regularly. Infact since the Amex was built he's never seen Arsenal. We're rebuilding our fan base and some are appreciating the amazing experience at the Amex and are seeing the light.

We are 5 STH sitting together. One has been Arsenal for 25 years and has been so seduced by the Albion he now fully identifies as Albion and has ditched his Gunner past. His 2 boys still maintain they are Arsenal fans but attend every Albion home game and thoroughly enjoy. I have history with Doncaster Rovers but now fully identify as an Albion fan. The only born & bred Albion fan among us is my son. There are similar stories all around us. It’s a diverse stadium in many ways and our story fully supports what [MENTION=5287]NICKO[/MENTION] and others are suggesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We are 5 STH sitting together. One has been Arsenal for 25 years and has been so seduced by the Albion he now fully identifies as Albion and has ditched his Gunner past. His 2 boys still maintain they are Arsenal fans but attend every Albion home game and thoroughly enjoy. I have history with Doncaster Rovers but now fully identify as an Albion fan. The only born & bred Albion fan among us is my son. There are similar stories all around us. It’s a diverse stadium in many ways and our story fully supports what [MENTION=5287]NICKO[/MENTION] and others are suggesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the reality of many sitting in the stadium. If the Albion consolidate their success, over time, interest in other clubs might wane.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I have to say I am gob-smacked by how many people here either have Brighton as a second team, or know so many STH whose second team is Brighton.

Albion through and through me, so don't get it...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here