Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pocognoli joins Standard Liege

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A very good full back, as good as Bong and Rosenoir. They all played well. But once the defensive injury crises was over, we ended up with too many fullbacks and a loanee is always going to be the first one out of the door.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A very good full back, as good as Bong and Rosenoir. They all played well. But once the defensive injury crises ended, we ended up with too many fullbacks and a loanee is always going to be the first one out of the door.

The issue is more that he, Bong & Rosenior were all of a similar standard. We changed left backs last season more often than Katie Price changes knickers.

With Bong re-signed Poc was always going to go. Bong will be back up next season & we'll get a decent starter in.

I would like to finish by thanking SP for giving me a heart rate of 180 at QPR without actually having seen the free kick. That's an achievement every bit as special as his chested assist for Villa in the last game that they somehow wasted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
The issue is more that he, Bong & Rosenior were all of a similar standard. We changed left backs last season more often than Katie Price changes knickers.

Katie Price wears knickers?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The issue is more that he, Bong & Rosenior were all of a similar standard. We changed left backs last season more often than .....

With Bong re-signed Poc was always going to go. Bong will be back up next season & we'll get a decent starter in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought that too.

I reckon we'll buy/borrow a quality fullback this summer. Will need that with the likes of Mane and Willian flying down opponents right side at us.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Great for him, a big club back home. Was glad we borrowed a player I liked before his Albion days and wish him all the best for the future. He needs to stay as a starter so he can break back into the Belgium squad properly and win a World Cup / Euro

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Quality player, quality guy, good luck to him.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sorry to see him go really. I know we have Bong and Rosenior, but Rosenior will be needed for cover at RB too (maybe more than just cover if Bruno's legs finally start to slow down) and we need more than three to cover the two positions. Be good to get someone better in, to be sure, but we can't afford to get someone better in for every position..........can we?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Much as I love him, anyone who saw Poc v Villa knows he isn't good enough for us in the PL. Good luck to him.

Does that mean anyone who saw Murray play away from home knows he isn't good enough for us in the PL?
Or
Anyone who saw March play away at Norwich knows he isn't good enough for us in the PL?
Or
Anyone who saw Knockaert play at home v Bristol City knows he isn't good enough for us in the PL?

What if anyone saw Poc v QPR?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bit harsh considering the only part Knockaert played in that Brizzle City away match was having his shirt held aloft by Sidwell.

Good point well made.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Sebastien Pocognoli‏Verified account
@SPocognoli15
Following
More
I wish all the best to @OfficialBHAFC in [MENTION=34361]PremierLeague[/MENTION] next season. It was a real pleasure to be part of this amazing club. ��

Just putting this out there from his twitter feed. He got more football with us than he would have got at WBA which may have helped in his latest move. Good luck to him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here