Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Statistics? - I still hate statistics!

Mar 24, 2010
Tunbridge Wells
Updated files before this weekends fixtures which will be very important to Albion fans while we dream of Wembley. Performance charts against teams outside the top 6 and also against the top 6. I've double and triple checked so hope there are no mistakes like my previous effort?:blush:
Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 18.21.53.pngScreen Shot 2018-03-16 at 18.24.43.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
P<0.05

For real.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So Everton are the flat track bullies of the league. Almost top against the lesser teams, almost bottom against the top 6.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
What worries me about those figures is that Leicester, Huddersfield and Burnley are among the best against other non-top-6 teams. And we have to play them all.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Tiny correction - Burnley's 0-1 defeat v Arsenal is the correct score, but it was at home.

I don't think it's a very popular view on here but really pleased to see how well your club has done this year. It goes to show just how good a manager Dyche is (despite sounding like he moonlights as a blue comedian doing warm up for pound in the pint glass strip shows) and it's a miracle how you've kept hold of him. And I bloody love Ashley Barnes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I guess I could apply for the position of 'Tag Moderator', as it would seem that role is currently available.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patreon
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
So we average about 1.4 points per game against non top 6 teams and 0.375 points per game against top 6. Based upon those stats alone, you might guess we'd get 5 or 6 points against the non top 6 and 1 or 2 points against top 6 teams. That would certainly be good enough.

I'm not sure how significant the theme of this thread is anyhows. My suspicion is that we will either beat Leicester or Huddersfield and at that point the pressure will be much reduced (I'm suspecting that 37 points will be enough) - after that we will be able to have a proper crack against those top teams - whatever - I think we'll be OK

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patreon
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
I don't think it's a very popular view on here but really pleased to see how well your club has done this year. It goes to show just how good a manager Dyche is (despite sounding like he moonlights as a blue comedian doing warm up for pound in the pint glass strip shows) and it's a miracle how you've kept hold of him. And I bloody love Ashley Barnes.

Yes I agree - may or may not have posted this view before. I think that Burnley are an ideal blueprint for what we should be aiming to achieve and yes Sean Dyche has done an excellent job

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here