Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Is it possible to get drunk on all-inclusive holidays

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The trick is to go to an all inclusive that sells branded drinks rather than generic alcohol given names like Boofeater Gin, or Johnny Wilker.

We went to one where I got through about half a bottle of Jack Daniels each evening, got very drunk.
And pay through the nose for it.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Must go top end.
Recent trip to Cape Verde where I had a gold bracelet meaning I got only branded spirits with bottled coke. Next problem is getting served which means going even higher and having your own butler.
Trip to Cuba I got more than my monies worth when a group of ten of us would tip our waiter (5$US between us) and got a bottle of malt, bottle of Bacardi & bottle Smirnoff on the table. He decided it was easier just to bring the beer and mixers. Anything left got taken back to the rooms.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Must go top end.
Recent trip to Cape Verde where I had a gold bracelet meaning I got only branded spirits with bottled coke. Next problem is getting served which means going even higher and having your own butler.
Trip to Cuba I got more than my monies worth when a group of ten of us would tip our waiter (5$US between us) and got a bottle of malt, bottle of Bacardi & bottle Smirnoff on the table. He decided it was easier just to bring the beer and mixers. Anything left got taken back to the rooms.

Cuba AI is immense. The main bar at the hotel we went to had something like 15 different whiskeys and even more varieties of rum. Two different beers on tap, both decent, very good cocktails and the wine was surprisingly good too. No "premium AI" everyone could have anything they wanted. Measures not an issue either, just be polite, tip and ask for more......

I'm a massive fan of booze it must be said but I'm not into getting totally shitfaced. The nice all day mellow buzz suits me fine. However if you wanted to get ratasred there then it really wasn't a problem. One English wedding party, some American students and the Canadians who we made friends with there definitely proved that point.

Going back in three weeks time. :cool:

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I've always drunk steadily through the day with a glass of water between each drink to avoid dehydration. I think the constant food, water and sun prevents you from getting too drunk. But then drink hard and fast in the evening and you'll soon feel it. Knock back a few shots if needs be.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Yes. Yes it most definitely is. We were all inclusive in The Bahamas a few years back, and it took me 3 days to work out why Mrs P was getting slaughtered and I wasn't. Finally twigged that ALL drinks were served in half pint glasses, irrespective of what they were. So for every half pint of piss weak lager I was drinking, she was drinking half a pint of wine :eek: :lolol:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Top tip.
In most resorts I have been to, they have branded Spirits at additional cost, or for non AI guests. I have found at all of these places, if you treat the staff with a bit of repsect, try and order in the local language, and DON'T tip, you very often find Bacardi in your Cuba Libre rather than the generic shit the others are getting. And if you do get the treatment, DO tip well at the end of your stay.

jonsey

Aug 5, 2011
North Sussex
Clearly not trying hard enough - went to Sandals Jamaica on honeymoon and I don't remember the first two days. Long Island Iced Tea in Jamaica is boom!

Been to Mexico 3 times on all inclusives and the drink was certainly the right stuff, that siad i have heard this about Egypt before

I tend to drink Grey Goose here and it was the same in the bars on the resort

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Having been at am AI on Jamaica when we got promoted and drinking many barman specials 'blue and white' that was blue Curacao and white appletons rum i cam confirm it is really easy to get drunk on AI

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here