Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ESU and WSU open for Coventry game

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
My impression is home demand is fairly strong for this tie. 3100 left on sale at the moment, plus the option of opening up W1A and E1H means something approaching 4000-4500 left in the lower tier. WSU + N2A and N2B gives another 4500. Probably enough to satiate demand, but if not and ESU is given over to Coventry then there are going to be some very cross people indeed on NSC.

Having bought in ESL personally I don’t want Coventry fans behind me drowning out any noise we make :moo:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Coventry fans could drown out the noise created in the ESL by just one of them coughing.

Given that it won’t necessarily be the same people on that day ..you could just be wrong..but my original post was slightly tongue in cheek ..whilst hoping that more Brighton fans buy tickets

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I would have opened the whole ground, charged a lower ticket price and given Cov more tickets.

This is a great opportunity to get fans in on a Sat 3pm kick-off that might not normally attend. Indeed, the only time I bring the wife and kids are cup games; 2 or 3 of these a season keep them sweet so they feel part of the Albion thing.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Well there you go.

ESU opened (to Albion) within 48hr I reckon.

Surely no-one who is usually in WSU will mind switching sides?

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
To be fair, Franchise have only ever sold out the moo camp for one game & that was in the rugby world cup. They quite often give larger than normal allocations to away fans as they have the extra capacity.

At the end of the day, 4529 is a very good allocation

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
2,844 left. Selling at an average rate of c125/hour since I started counting just before lunchtime.

To be fair, Franchise have only ever sold out the moo camp for one game & that was in the rugby world cup. They quite often give larger than normal allocations to away fans as they have the extra capacity.

At the end of the day, 4529 is a very good allocation

Maybe we will see the majority of A block in the WSL and H block is the ESL released first. I hope not though.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
you have to book Seagull travel by Thursday so its likely that i will book travel first before getting a ticket.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Something is going on as otherwise Coventry would have at least given out ticket details.

I reckon they will open WSU to albion, and give Coventry South Stand + ESU.

Sorry but there is no way they will put boozy, rowdy away fans above the family stand. WSU possibly like Chelsea as mentioned above, but not ESU.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sorry but there is no way they will put boozy, rowdy away fans above the family stand. WSU possibly like Chelsea as mentioned above, but not ESU.
I assumed they wouldn't use those seats, but it's just theoretical now anyway.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
I assumed they wouldn't use those seats, but it's just theoretical now anyway.

Yes. I'd imagine club will open ESU before WSU so the stadium appears more full to the TV cameras on the highlights shows etc as the cameras face the east stand.

2,844 left. Selling at an average rate of c125/hour since I started counting just before lunchtime.

About 2400 left now. The selling rate is holding firm.

At this rate, apart from singles there will likely only be family stand tickets and W/C spaces left tomorrow.

Will they open an upper tier first or release half a block in each of E1H and W1A?

I still really don’t see the logic of not keeping open the option of E1H for Coventry. It’s adjacent to their area. The concourse segregation is there. They have the demand.

Of course, if we sell out and need this space then fair enough, but the article on the Coventry website did state it was their final allocation.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I'm going in the South Stand Lower for the first time. That's every main area of the ground now done for me!

When they open tickets for everyone, presumably there might be a few from Coventry trying to get in that way.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here